Chapter 8|His thoughts

×Drew's POV..×

Few weeks ago..

"Mom you should let me choose for myself" I said stubbornly. She's insisting that I should shift courses, from Business Management to Political science, and to make it as my pre-law course and to follow my father's footsteps. But I hate pretentiousness, and law as we all know, is nothing but bull. So I ended up giving her an unlikely resolve "let me run the coffee shop back at our hometown, let me prove to you that I can do it on my own."

"That's never gonna happen Andrew Stevenson" I can tell that she's starting to get mad by the way she addresses me- we all get that moment.

"But mom, you should at least let me do some sort of a leverage."

"I'm not going to jeopardize a lifetimes worth of hardwork for your petty hang-ups. That's the first ever business that your father and I established and we take it seriously" she bit off.

"You and I both know that you barely have time to handle all your businesses. Let alone the fact that you're expanding some of your branches overseas." I know I already got her there. I looked at her and I can feel that she's still contemplating about it.

"Don't use your smarts on me young man" she replied on a rather low but strict tone. I smiled knowing that she's staring to give in. I walked straight to her direction and hugged her from behind.

"Please.. Mom, just give me a chance"

"Fine.. Fine Drew. But promise me that you won't do anything that will surprisingly send me to an early death."

  I laughed at her statement as she, as always, would exaggerate situations into great heights. I hugged her tightly and said thankyou repeatedly.

~~~~~

  My ten hour flight finally ended as the plane landed at our hometown. I then took a three hours drive to the coffee shop.

"Finally." I sighed in relief as I stare at the facade of our cafe. There it is, a real beauty . It stood proud with intricate exterior design; courtesy of the creativity of my mom. I can't help but to be fascinated by the ambience as I walked in.

"Goodmorning sir Andrew"  Sylvia the store manager, in her mid 40's greeted me with delight.

"Please Sylvia, just Drew"  I smiled at her. And head straight to my father's old office at the corner near the kitchen. As I open the door, the familiar scent welcomed me. The smell of papers piled neatly at the office table, the smell of cigar that's never been lit and the strong perfume my dad loved so much. It brings back so much memory of my childhood- it made me smile too. I fished for my phone in my satchel and text my mom.

Message:

Got here safely. No need to worry. LoveYou.

Reply:

Good. 4 months Drew, and that's it. Try not to fail me. LoveYouToo.

  I laughed at her reply. Try not to fail me. Huh! She knows me, she perfectly know that failing, is never an option to me. And for that she has given an ultimatum of 4 months to give me more pressure. She is always so brilliant, no wonder dad loves her so much. I texted her back.

Me:

It will never happen. Promise :)

Mom:

Thought so too. Talked to our lawyer, I asked him to do the transfer of property.

Me: