Chapter 6| Making a move

Sorry guys it took so long..

Like I said, I'm busy at work and it sure is not easy working at a casino :( *sigh Yes i work at a casino and our schedule are always changing so its giving me a hard time to write :( but rest assured that i will continue his story by hook or by crook :D enjoy!!

Chapter 6| Making a move

"What? Is he cute? Is he older?," My bestfriend Selena continously questioned me like an investigator after I told her about Drew. "hello Exa? Are you there? Hey!!"

"Geez Sel, why the hell are you shouting? What am I, 90?" I'm starting to be annoyed by her curiosity. I'm seriously going to be deaf if she don't change her way of talking through the phone.

"Feed me with information or I'll do my own little research and you wouldn't be to pleased about it." her and her manipulative ways.

Defeated, I heaved a frustrated sigh. "We just had coffee, well he drank tea and he treated me with some warm milk," I stated.

I continue talking just so she would shut it. "and no he's not cute,he's gorgeous. Yes he's older, he told me that he's twenty-three already." Well to bad he's older, what a bummer isn't it? But what the hell, he will never in a million years look at me and think of me as girlfriend material.

"Ooooh. I can't wait to visit you so I can meet that not-cute-but-gorgeous guy friend of yours." she squealed and I can literally imagine her jumping up and down on her bed.

"Okay Sel.. I miss you and the rest of the gang already" I said pouting my lips like a two year old kid would do. "I gotta to go now cause I've got tons of things to do, you know the whole transferring thing." I stated the facts with exaggeration for every word said.

"Aaah! Already? This is so unfair!" I bet she's frowning like crazy right now.

"Don't worry we'll have a get together before the school starts."

"Argh! Kay fine. See you soonest Exa! Luvyah! And oh, don't get dirty with mister hot stuff- Yet!" I swear I can see the smugness on her face right now while she laughs ridiculously. She's even fast forwarding things with me and my crush Drew, which are all kinda sick.

"Crazy!!! I'm not gonna do anything with him- Yet!!" We both laughed at my statement and both hung up the phone.

After my conversation with Selena, I got up to prepare for a movie night with Angie, Mike, Isabelle and Jay. We always have one every week and they tell me that it's kind of a ritual, so we must do it. Today I'm going to pick which movie we're going to watch. I choose A Walk to Remember, the classic novel turned movie by Nicholas Sparks. It's my favorite tear jerker film of all time, and it gives me this weird feeling in the pits of my stomach that love, do exist.

~~~~~

"Hey," I greeted Angie with a huge smile as I enter their living room. "where are they?" I narrowed my brows in curiosity.

"Isabelle is still taking a shower, Jay is being Jay by being, and I quote, 'fashionably late' and Mike is,well as always, just late." Angie rolled her eyes and shook her head disapprovingly. She turned her gaze at me and nodded at what I'm holding.

"What film is that?" she uttered.

I then raised the dvd at eye level so she could have a good look at it. "A Walk to Remember." I said beaming at her direction.

"I love that film too!" she almost squealed as she clasp her hands together. "you made a really good choice Alexa" she grinned at me with delight.

"Yeah, I'm a little bit of a masochist." I grinned mischievously.