16| First love

16|
×Alexa's POV×

    I  watch in awe as the stars twinkle in the sky. I breathe the air around me like it's my first time breathing it in.
A smile made it's way on my face.
I never knew silence can be this good, I never knew that darkness can be this bright. This very moment, I knew that there are going to be changes in my life but it's OK.

I look back at Jerry to find him staring at me intently, quietly. As if he's trying to somehow fit me somewhere inside his head. I stared back at him with the same intensity. I studied the features of his face and saw the sad misunderstood boy inside his eyes. How his features are softer the more you look at him.
I tilt my head a little to the side so I can properly see his face under the moonlit clearing where we're at.

His chocolatey eyes gleams and were now the color of the night. His brows marred, looking at me quizzically. I just smile at him, not wanting to utter a word  'cause it might ruin the moment.
But I guess we don't share the same thoughts.

''What are you thinking?'' He asks, his eyes never leaving mine.
I purse my lips, contemplating ''nothing'' I said, but really there are possibly a hundred thing going inside my head. He just nods meekly
''You wanna know what's mine?'' He said in a nearly question tone, but it wasn't. It's simply a statement and I know for sure that if I refuse to hear him out, he'll say it otherwise. I did not say anything and just nod at him.
''I'm thinking that maybe. . .'' He started, biting his lower lip.
''Maybe what?'' I ask, growing a little impatient. He smiles at me nervously looking down on his intertwined hands propped on the rusting metal railing.
''Maybe you should give me a chance, give us a chance'' he said softly, his eyes still casted down.
My heart slams inside my chest like an insistent knocking on the door that is very hard to ignore. Suddenly, I forget to breathe as my nerves go on a haywire and everything else around me seem to focus out.

In this very moment, there is only Jerry and me. Although science thought us that the world continue to revolve in its axis, this moment seem to freeze. I try to catch my breath as I try and think of an answer towards Jerry's profession. I open my mouth but there's nothing coming out. He must have sensed it too.
''I understand if you can't give me an answer now'' he said somberly while he look at me with worry and disappointment etched on his face.

I quickly reach for his hand and squeeze it reassuringly ''hey, it's not like that. I just. . . I don't know what to say or how to say it rather'' he squeeze back my hand, hope starts to fill his eyes.
''Just say yes'' he said pleadingly. But who am I kidding? I know that I want it too. I want to give us a chance.
''Yes'' I breathe out like I'm telling the night a secret while I smile from ear to ear. And soon Jerry's face mirrors mine. Slowly, he cup my face with both of his hands and stared deeply in my eyes
''Thank you Alexa'' he said before leaning down planting a soft kiss on my forehead.

Right on cue, the stupid little muscle starts to do a happy dance while my face heat up and my stomach turns into pretzel knots. I laugh nervously at him his hands still on my face. Honestly, I'm just trying not to choke with my own saliva if I speak to soon.

''What's funny?'' He asks, smiling at me with confusion
''Well I figured that you must really be a mouse, since you're really cheesy'' I try not to laugh but I can't. Jerry on the other hand seem to not get my lame joke as he offer me a contorted face of mixed confusion and delight. I just shrug and he reluctantly let go of me.

''Come on wirdo, let's get you home'' he placed his hand on mine, our fingers intertwined. My heart beating profusely and I'm sure that this is unhealty. But I don't care, because I just might found my first love.

So this must how it feels, losing something yours and gaining something his.

------------------------------

❤❤❤
The chapter is shorter than I expected, but I felt deeply while writing it as if Alexa and Jerry are real people. Does that make me weird? 😁 anyway, I hope you feel the same while reading it. Because there is just so much emotion in there (at least for me).

So what do you think?
Give me your wonderful ideas ,suggestion or a simple comment. It really fuels me to write more 😊😘
Have a good day ahead my lovely modern bookworm 💚💛💜💝💙

Loveyou always,
E👯