My True Self

This chapter is going to be short but no haters on Nali it will be Nalu at the end of the book! P.s. Correct any of my mistakes! (updated in 2021)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucy's P.O.V.

My mother died when I was young, but she left me two things behind. Three of my keys and a map. The map she gave me was never followed since I thought it was useless, but I wondered where it would take me now. Since I wanted to find myself I figured now is the best time to follow my mothers map. 

As I followed the little dotted lines to the X, I ended up at a clearing in the forest with a water fall. 

"Damn, I'm thirsty" I said as I bent down to take a drink from the fresh water. I saw my reflection in the water, but as I looked closer, I noticed something different about my appearance. I saw what looked like my mother.

"M-Mom?!?" I said with a confused tone. The figure that was once mirroring my movements began to move on its own. 

"Hello darling, I see you finally made it to me" my mothers reflection began to say with a happy tone.

"Mom! Why are you here? What are you doing? Are you okay?".

"Well, darling Lucy, I am here to tell you that you are not from this world but another!"

She could not have meant edolas...

"Than where am I from?"

"That you will find out soon enough..."

Two arms reached out from the water and grabbed me, she pulled me in. When I got through the other side I looked up and saw dragons soaring through the sky. 

"Lucy as you know I died years ago, but in reality I had to transport back to the dragon realm where I was born. I had to fill my queen duties, which means that you are the princess of the dragon realm.."

"W-What!?!"

"Yes, I know it is a lot to take in but you must begin the process of becoming a full fledged member of the royal family. I hope you have some time on your hands cause you are going to be here for awhile. We begin the process tomorrow and will continue until you are ready to defend the human world just as we all have".

I then walked with her to a beautiful white palace. 

"This is where we will live, upstairs to the right is your room. You have a big day tomorrow, so get some rest and we will get started in the morning". 

I gave my mother a kiss as I went up to my room, it was covered in pink. I was so excited to start my new training and become who I have always been meant to be. As I got into bed all I couldn't sleep due to my excitement, but I knew I had to.