Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"You can't do that! I hired her." depensa naman ni Harvin.

She just raised a brow on her, "but this is a Voinauis company, right? It has my father's name and fortunately, has mine too, so whatever I'd like, I can do." she said without even contemplating, and she's full of arrogance. She look at me, "what would a Decena doing in my company?"

I look up to her, "a job, unfortunately."

She chuckles, "your father must have been neglecting you out of the family."

From the moment she says that, I stepped backward, that's kinda hurt me.

I shook my head, "that's not true..."

"Well, what are you doing here in a Voinauis company?"

I know if have the courage, I could defense myself but it has been taken away from me. My feelings were hurt and the only thing the can give me comfort right now is the comfort room. I lock the cubicle's door. I'm shaking, this is not what I deserve right? I try to keep myself calm as long as it is. Hindi pwedeng sumuko ka na lang Leanne.

You wanted this, to get out of your shell, to try something new and if you let yourself down by this moment, it's my fault because I'm not that strong to stand on my own feet. I keep telling that to myself, maybe I'm not worthy at all.

"Ley?" napaangat naman ang ulo ko ng marinig ko ang boses ni Harvin na umalingawngaw sa loob ng comfort room. "I'm sorry, I know she's mean but you have to understand..."

I took a deep breathe, I let myself out of the cubicle and force myself to talk to him.

"I'm okay!" pangunguna ko naman sa kanya, "really, I am..."

"You know, I can talk to my friend and she can't do anything about it. "

Napakibit balikat na lang din naman ako sa sinabi niya, "that's what you do, trying to save the day but it ain't really."

When he's trying to reach out for my hand, agad naman akong umiwas doon. "I'm really sorry about what happened and I promise it won't happen again, Ley, look at me." inangat naman niya ang ulo ko para magtama ang mga tingin namin, "if you heard anything about me and her, it's on the past..."

I just smiled to him, "there's nothing worry, yeah, I know..."

"Hey..." he's still trying to have me on the conversation.

"I have to go back on my work, Sir..." and with that, I left him.

Hindi ko alam kung saan ko nakuha ang lakas ng loob para sabihin sa kanya 'yon pero ba't kanina, para akong bata na kulang na lang ay magsumbong ako sa magulang ko para pagalitan nila 'yong umaway sa akin.

Pagkabalik ko naman sa table ko, nakaabang iyong mga kaibigan ko. It's funny to say that. Kabago bago ko pa lang din naman ay hindi nila inisip iyong makakasama sa akin but then they were friendly enough to stay.

"Girl, what happened?" tanong ni Ilene.

"Anaries wanted me to be her secretary."

"H'wag kang papayag!" agad namang sabi ni Rowena. "Hindi mo alam kung anong pwedeng gawin sa'yo niyan. Kung alam lang ng iba na sobrang sama ng ugali niya..." halos pabulong na sinasabi niya iyon, baka may makarinig daw. "Saka siguro kinaiinggitan ka lang..."