Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Who could've thought that I will feel this kind of conformity with a stranger—technically, he's not a stranger at all, from now on. Why did I forget his face or the whole him? Sure, I am not fond of making eye to eye contact with anyone but he has got me. And now, I can remember vividly his face, the way he pull me off the coming train to say that I shouldn't be doing those things. Yes, that crack me up. And also, he did ask my name when I just said thank you.

I immediately get my phone, I unblocked the unknown number—maybe that was his and he's trying to get to me but I am this person who don't even like talking to. After unblocking the number, a few of messages coming through and it comes from the same unknown number and from Lexus.

Lexus:

Where the hell are you, Leanne?!!!

Answer your phone! Or reply!!!

Shit! I'm going home with or without you!!!

I shook my head reading Lexus panic messages. He should've find me instead of texting me. That's why he ended up getting cermon by our parents. I next click the unknown number messages.

Unknown number:

Hope I got a response. :D

Hey, it's Harvin, thanks for stopping by.

Anyway, I send your resume to my friend. ;)

I immediately put his name on my contacts.

Me:

Hey Harvin. I don't know how can I thank you enough, how can I repay you?

I was waiting for a reply but maybe he's busy. I should've give him something instead of saying thank you. First, he's the only one who sees me from suffering a panic attack. And all the good intentions he had come no matter how stranger I am to him. Maybe he got many friends, and how wouldn't they become friend with a person like him? He's good—good looking guy, I never thought of that as the first time I saw him, but time changes and all of it wasn't constant when everything got to be something special.

There will be a gala night tomorrow on the family's company. I have no idea kung anong meron but the usual, kailangan nandoon kaming lahat. It's like a family occasion na rin dahil nandoon din ang ilang relatives namin dahil part din sila ng business and the part where I can't stand was to interact to most of the people. Yes, nasa sa amin na kung gusto ba namin makihalobilo or not but the guest people are the ones who insist, and the relatives, of course.

I sneak out downstairs, bigla na lang din ako nagutom. I should be restraining myself from eating but this just one time. Dumiretsyo na kaagad ako sa kusina and to find out that kuya Larry was there, babalik na sana ako sa kwarto ko pero nakita na niya ako kaya tinawag na niya ako.

"Why you're awake at two in the morning?" he asked.

"I am asking the same, kuya." Ngiti ko pa, "and what's with the alcohol on this time? Saan ka ba galing kanina kuya, you left me without notice."

He smirked, "just found someone from the past..."

I suddenly get interested kaya naman naupo na ako, he offered his drink but I shook my head, "who was it kuya? Did someone I know?"