Chapter 8

Chapter 8

One moment in your life, you will not expect someone who will be something that can make you feel so out this world. I snapped out of my own fantasy when Harvin still smiles in front of me. I didn't expect him to be here, to be this kind of a man who make jaw drop on me.

"H-Harvin..."

"Didn't expect you here, what brings you here?"

My forehead creases, "you didn't know?" but he shook his head, "I'm with my family, actually my family business organizes this gala." Ngiwi ko pa sa kanya.

When he knows that, siguro nga hindi niya alam kaya medyo nagulat pa siya, "oh wow, I didn't know, I never read your resume, you know just the number and the name."

I chuckles, "I understand, how about you? Are you what, friends of any of my family?"

He shook his head, "not really, I'm with my friend—actually, the boss, I'm saying." His mouth twitched, "but anyway, you're really beautiful, in that dress."

I can't hide my smile though, "thank you Harvin, ahm, would you like to—"

But I got interrupted when a group of person came to me, I was about to ignore my cousins when Harvin excuses himself. Napahinga na lang din ako ng malalim. Isinama naman ako ng mga pinsan ko sa table nila but all do was to sit and watch them. At hindi ko alam sa sarili ko kung bakit hinahanap ko si Harvin.

"Cuz! May boyfriend ka na ba?" tanong ng babae kong pinsan.

I was about to get it.

Oh, shello, what the hell I'm thinking?

I shook my head.

"You should get one!" dagdag pa nito, "why would guys don't try they luck on you, right? Super ganda mo naman cuz, and you should entertain them, no one knows, maybe nakausap mo na, natakot ka lang."

Napataas ako ng kilay sa sinabi niya, "what are you saying, cuz?"

"Nuh, was just making a convo, this gala borings me." and my other cousin's agree too, "but we couldn't resist because we know there's a lot of beautiful boys here."

I once again look at Harvin and too find out that he's been talking with someone, a girl that most appealing than me. Okay, it's given the he's friendly, good looking and a guy you could ever wish for. And for a girl like me, he wouldn't mind giving me his time. I was not his type and there never be a real one.

The gala goes through the night. Nagulat pa kaming lahat dahil dumating si kuya Larrione. Even my cousin's were shock, hindi pa kasi nila alam na nakalaya na si kuya kaya that's their first reaction, ang hindi namin inaasahan ay ang pupunta siya dito.

"When he got bailed?" my cuz asked.

"Last few days." Sagot ko na lang sa kanila.

Hindi ko na rin naman in-entertain pa iyong mga tanong nila, nanahimik na lang ako. Pinanood ko na lang din naman ang nangyayari sa event. The event were just about the company, investors and new big projects and charity. And also, my father appointed that if he's going stepped down the company from being the president, kuya Larrione will take over. That creates a commotion from the guests, other invited people. Some may asks question why would he be on the top, just because he is the son and some, why would an ex-prisoner lead the company?