Chapter 37

I woke up this morning with the biggest smile of the world and really happy about my life right now even though it isn't perfect. I packed my brother's things in his bag and even enjoyed doing it because I usually don't like when I have to pack his things.

I dressed up and brought him to school as usual so I can visit my mom alone. My grandparents were still with her as they said and I just enjoyed this moment with everyone before I drove to the agency because of an "important shooting" as Mr. Mayer told me when he called me, or should I say when he woke me up. Fortunately, it didn't ruin my happiness at all because my mom healing was all I needed and it's like if a huge weight that I was bringing with me everywhere just left me.

I drive until I reach the agency but I stay in the car a little more when I park it so I can reply to the messages I got yesterday.

< To Teddy:

Hey Teddy! I'm sorry I couldn't reply earlier but I can't wait to see you again!>

< To Cameron:

Any time you want!>

I only reply to Cameron and Teddy because I'm going to see Rose in a few minutes and I prefer to wait after work and call Shawn instead of texting him so I just put my phone in my bag and get out of the car which I lock.

I walk into the building but I don't have the time to sit in my office that Edward Mayer already calls me from his office.

I don't know what he will ask me but whatever it is I hope I'll enjoy it as I enjoyed the past few hours.

I couldn't imagine how the healing of my mom would make me smile all day long and feeling free. I'm not stressed at all or anxious and that's a really good feeling.

I just hope that it will last forever and not only for a short moment...

I take a breath and get in the office but I immediately get shocked when I see who are the people sitting with Mayer.

Some people I've never seen before.

A guy I saw at a party.

And Shawn.

I frown and probably look really confused because I'm truly confused. I close the door behind me slowly and try to understand what's happening. Are they here to complain about my job? Is Mayer going to fire me in front of them?

I start getting anxious even though I know I shouldn't but being in a closed room with so many people that I don't really know makes me have a bad feeling, a bad news is coming up.

"Miss Steal... Please, sit here... We need to talk about your work." Mayer says and shows me a seat.

"Hi..." I say with a shy voice to everyone and I make an eye-contact with Shawn to try to understand but I get interrupted by my boss so I turn my head before I get an answer from my friend.

Shawn and the other two men are sitting on a sort of a sofa in front of Mayer's desk while I'm on a couch between the desk and the sofa. I feel Shawn on my left stamping with his feet on the floor, probably anxious or as if he fears what was going to happen and it doesn't reassure me at all. I can't meet his eyes or even give him any look, but I know he's probably biting his nails and he will run his hand through his hair during this whole meeting until this completed. The only thing I can do is control myself to stay straight. And yet, it's not easy.

"I asked you to come earlier today because Shawn's manager and photograph saw your job and wanted to talk about it... They saw the way you took the pictures and the way you edited them so they called me back and here we are today. As I told you when I asked you to do the first photo shoot, you had to be professional and do a great job otherwise I'd fire you." When he says those last words, my heart stops beating and my smile fades away.

"I'm sorry... It wasn't my purpose to disappoint you and I thought I did a great job but it seems like I completely messed up an-" I start to defend myself but I get cut off by Shawn who gets forward and sits on the edge of the sofa, leaning in with his elbows on his laps.

"I want you to do the photo shoot for my next album's cover." Shawn says and I turn to him abruptly.

I don't understand what is going on. I thought that my boss was about to fire me but then Shawn tells me that he wants other pictures.

Fortunately, his manager takes the speech and clears my mind up.

"I'm Andrew Gertler and What did Mr. Mayer and Mr. Mendes mean is that you did a great job with the other photo shoots and we wanted you as the photographer of the new album's cover because we like your work." He says looking at me but then he shows me the other guy next to him and introduces him to me. "Mr. Van Dien right here is the one who usually takes the pictures but we needed two different points of view so that's why we want you to work with Mr. Van Dien on the design and everything." He finishes but the only thing that I can manage to do is to look at Shawn who has a huge smile on his face and at my boss who seems to be happy about this news.

I'll work with a professional photographer. With professional staff. With a real goal and rules.

I can't believe it.

Maybe I could reach my dreams.

-----

Hey everyone! here is the 37th chapter and I hope that you liked it because I loved writing it! I know I'm saying this after every chapter but I love writing this story!

Love you all.

-----