Chapter 96

I look at my reflection in the mirror of the bathroom and think about this long day that is slowly and quietly ending. I clean up my skin with some water and then I put on moisturizer after I dried my face.

While I finish applying the cream, I suspect a slight smile that springs on my lips. A weight that I supported was finally released and even if everything isn't completely finished, I feel a little lighter. I put away the bazaar I made in the bathroom and as I enter the room, my phone that was lying on the bed, near Shawn, starts to ring.

Shawn was on his laptop, probably working but as soon as I came in, he turned it off and put it on his bedside nightstand.

"Woa you look beautiful, love," he says with a huge smile and big eyes.

I laugh at his reaction and ask him to check who's calling me since my arms are full of clothes I need to fold and tidy up.

He sits up and reads my phone.

"Unknown... do you want me to pick up?" He asks, frowning.

"Umm yeah..." I start but regret immediately my response when the memory of Cameron hits up in my mind. "Wait!" I put down all the things I was carrying and sit on the bed next to Shawn to take the phone. "I'm picking up.." I smile but he stares at me, confused.

I click on the green icon and raise up the phone to my ear, hoping it isn't him.

"Hello?" I start and as I feared, I recognize Cameron's voice. My face's expression probably changed because I notice that Shawn frowns at me as if he was questioning me silently.

I attempt a smile and try to make it as real as I can because I can't just head to another room to talk with the man who's threatening me. It would be so obvious and I'm avoiding any confrontation with the man I'm living with.

"Alyssa... How have you been lately, huh?" he asks, randomly as if it was the most normal thing on earth to call me and take my news.

I keep the eye-contact with Shawn and try to act like I'm on the phone with Mayer.

"Umm, fine... everything is fine... I'll try to end the editing tonight and then I'll send you everything when it's done." I try, which makes Cameron laugh at the end of the line.

"Oh... are you hiding something from someone? What a shitty couple do I see here." I'm about to yell at him but I'm still staring at Shawn and it reminds me that I can't defend my couple, I can't shut his mouth or he'll be the end of me. "What? You can't deny it? or is it just because you're in the same room as him right now?... It's hard for you to listen to all the bullshit I can say about your lover, right? Don't worry I'll make you go wild and lose your patience, your life will just be a mess." He keeps on threatening me but I cut him off before I get angrier.

"Sure but... Your purpose is to keep everything secret for now otherwise everyone will know about it and the reputation of the agency will fall apart and yours as well... Plus, the celebrity you're talking about didn't ask for any of your services... So if you force the things while everything is under my control, it'll make everyone's loss." I say and break the eye-contact I had with Shawn to focus on my conversation with the devil.

"Smooth... and you're right but there's no proof of what you can say and if I can't be happy as I imagined I could be, you would never either so I'll take pleasure to make you live your worst life... Trust me, everything is planned." He threatens again and I swallow to remove the knot that's forming in my throat. "Good night sweetheart..." He ends and I hang up, looking down at my phone with my back facing Shawn.

I try to control my breath and not to seem upset but so many questions are crossing my head without any answer to them. There's nobody who knows about this shit I'm in, except Jenny... Jenny. I should probably contact her and attempt to get any information about her link with Cameron, maybe it can help me get out of this. She was nice to me that night but I have no idea if she changed her mind or something. I hope not because she's my last chance.