Chapter 36

We stayed at the hospital waiting for mom all day. Josh even went to get Liam from school and brought him back here with us because he must know. He may only be 6 years old but I can't leave him in the dark when it comes to our mother. On top of that, he didn't really care about the situation because of the presence of our grandparents.

"You should take a moment and answer your calls ... You didn't answer all day ... the people who called you must be worried sick!" Josh says and I laugh for the first time of the day. It may sound silly but that little thought made me smile which proves that the smallest things are the best.

We are both sitting on chairs in the same hallway as this morning and I grab my phone in my pocket.

< 8 am missed call from Rosalie >

< 9 am: 3 missed calls from Joshua >

< 1:23 pm: 2 missed calls from Shawn Mendes >

< Message from: Teddy Geiger

Hey beautiful girl! Wanna do some shopping?>

< Message from: Cameron

Hey, Alyssa! I haven't seen you in ages! let's hang out sometimes!>

"Wow! I didn't know they would care that much... You called me?" I ask while turning to Joshua.

"Yeah you seemed really lost this morning and you didn't pick up the phone after that so I understood that you had problems... Never hide something like that again... I'm here to help you, you know that right?" He says putting his hand on mine which is on my lap.

"What would I do without you?" I ask while putting my head on his shoulder but I don't have the time to get any rest that I see the doctor coming back to us.

I get up the second I see him and run to him.

"How is she doing?" I ask without even waiting one more second.

"Let's join your grandparents," He says and when we're all ready, he gives us the news. "As you could notice, the operation of Mrs. Katherin Steal lasted much longer than we expected because of some complications..." I hold my breath " But, fortunately... Everything went good and we put her in a recovery room waiting for her to wake up... Congratulations!"

None of us says anything for a moment, shocked about what the doctor said but then we all shout and cry of happiness. This is the best news we could get. I don't think about anything and hug Liam. My little brother. My lovely brother.

"Mom is coming back, Superman..." I say while kneeling and hugging him and then I pull away from the hug to cup his cheeks. "Mom is coming back," I say again, looking straight into his watering eyes. He's happy and his happiness makes mine.

Then I stand up to cheer my grandparents and Joshua. We all get in the room where my mom is and we wait for her to wake up. After about an hour she finally opens her eyes and I don't wait for even a second to hug her. So many hugs in only one day but I've never been as happy as right now.

We all talk together, a smile on each of our faces but the one who enjoys this moment the most is Liam. It's like if he's rediscovering his mom. As if a new life begins.

Mom is still weak and can't talk that much but she seems more down to earth than she was. She seems less shocked about my dad's departure as if she understood that he wouldn't come back. I honestly don't know when she started recovering from this but now, she's with us, her mind and soul are with us.

My mom is back.

It's about 8 pm and Liam has school tomorrow as I have to work to earn money. It's not because my mom healed that every problem got its solution. But let's just stay positive.

"Mom, I'm going back home with Liam but I'll visit you tomorrow before I go to work... I love you" I say and kiss her forehead.

"We'll stay with her anyways," Nanny says and I just smile at her before getting out of the room, followed by Liam and Joshua.

Liam is holding my hand and we're just walking out of the hospital to get in the car.

"Thank you so much for what you're doing for me, Joshua. I'm truly grateful for having you." I tell Joshua when Liam sits in the car.

"Stop thanking me, Aly... You're the best, I love you."

"I love you too," I say and we hug each other. We stay like that for a moment but then I remember Liam. "I gotta go... See you tomorrow."

Liam is already sleeping and I try to drive faster because I'm really tired and the only thing I want right now is to lay on my bed and close my eyes to sleep. The only thing I need is a lot of sleep.

I carry Liam to his room and turn off all the lights after I changed him into pajamas. I do the same for me and get in my soft bed.

It seemed to me like I haven't slept for ages.

-----

Hey everybody! I hope you like this chapter because i was smiling while writing it. It's a chapter full of happiness which changes a little from the other.

Love you all.

-----