Chapter 18

"hey... You okay??" a deep voice asks me but I can't see who it is because of the darkness of the night.

"yeah... I thought I was alone..." I say trying to get back inside the house but he grabs my arm.

Shawn.

I could recognize his grab among so many others. His grab with his huge hands that hurt me.

"Ouch!" I say trying to get away from his embrace.

"sorry..." he says and leaves my wrist.

"no problem..." I say without giving him a look. I mean... I can't even see him so I don't really have a choice.

"wait!" he stops me. I don't know what he wants but I'm just getting fed up with him stopping me all the time.

I just blow and turn back to face him.

"What?" I say getting impatient.

"Someone asked about you inside but you clearly seem like you don't care so...bye" he finally says after a long time.

Seriously?

Is he mad at me?

"you're not going to tell me??" I ask, crossing my arms over my breast.

He just nods and enters the house with his hands in his pockets but stops when he reaches me.

"I'm still waiting for the pics by the way," he says and gets away.

What?

And what about the person who wanted me?

I hate when people do that. When they know that they can hold you like that in a trap.

This party is going perfectly. I love it. Really.

I just want to get back home and join my little brother so I take my phone from my pocket and try to call Josh.

Bip.

Bip.

Bip.

Nothing. He doesn't pick up the phone even after the third call.

"argh," I sigh and get back in the house but I feel a hand on my shoulder which makes me jump. Again. "Dammit! Shawn!" I shout at the person who I think it's Shawn but get surprised when I hear a different voice.

"ahah, sorry but it isn't Shawn..." the person says and I recognize who it is when he laughs.

A laugh that nobody can forget.

"Cameron?" I ask unsure of myself.

Are they all going to surprise me by grabbing my shoulder? Or is that just an inside joke that everybody does?

"good morning Sherlock," he says with a bit of sarcasm as if it was obvious that it was him. Even in the night. As if I knew him since a while ago.

"I was looking for my friend to get back home" I admit.

"I can drive you home if you want... I mean I was leaving the party... Maybe it's the same way!" he proposes.

Should I?

Maybe Josh wants to stay a bit longer here... Or maybe he's just waiting for me somewhere...

"C'mon... I'm not a psychopath" he says and takes his car keys from his pocket, walking away but I don't move. "Plus, I'll keep on asking you out until you say yes..." he says chuckling.

"Fine... let me just try to call Josh again."

"Take your time... I'll wait in the car" I see him going away and I unlock my phone to call my friend.

Bip.

Bip.

Bip.

Still nothing... I text him.

< To: Josh

Cameron is bringing me back home... I tried to call you many times. Have a nice night. >

I shut down my phone and get in the car next to Cameron. He turns on the engine and a silence falls between us. A heavy and stressful silence. I don't know what to say and I'm sure he doesn't either. We're just staying here, together, not knowing how to act.

He has been driving for about 10 minutes when he breaks the silence.

"I'm driving but I don't even know where you live," he says and after a while, we both laugh our ass off.

I don't know why but the only fact that he broke that awkward silence that didn't have to be between us made us laugh and all the stress I felt when I got in the car left me.

I just feel relaxed talking with him... I don't think about what should I say or how should I act. I just feel free and that's why I first came to this party.

Maybe it's only because I'm a bit drunk or because I'm feeling good about him. Maybe it's only because I'm tired and I'm just dreaming about my fluffy and sweet bed which is waiting for me home.

I wanted to chill... and this past 10 minutes, I chilled.

——-

Hi everyone... here is the 18th chapter and I hope you liked it even though it took me a few days to write it.
Love you all. ♥️

——-