Chapter 23

After I joined Teddy in the mall of Toronto, we talk about random stuff just like two people who try to know each other better.

I really like to talk with him because I don't have to think how I have to act with him or what I can say or not. He's natural with me and I'm doing the same as if I was with Josh or Rose.

We're walking and getting in and out of the stores until we get tired and sit in a café at the same time as the topic "Shawn" comes on because I just remembered that Teddy calls him "daddy" all the time and it just makes me laugh so I want to know why. Am I curious? No way!

"Soooo, why do you call Shawn 'daddy'?" I ask, chuckling.

He chokes while swallowing a sip of his coffee.

"Oh c'mon sweetie! Are you blind or what? Don't you see how hot he is?" He admits, laughing his ass off and raising up his glasses on his nose.

Who didn't notice how handsome he is?

"I just wondered," I say, giggling even if this is getting awkward. And I don't know if I can talk with him about everything but it seems like he's not judging and I just want some answers about this strange dude who's Shawn. "I don't understand him..." I begin and I see him frowning so I keep going. "Once he can be the sweetest and then I can say something and he turns to another person... as if he wants to kill me." I finish and he coughs.

"Something's wrong with Jenny, I guess..." I wanted to say something but he cuts me off and changes the topic. "Anyway! Tonight we're going to a party and you'll be drunk as fuck."

"I'm not coming... I already came to one of your parties last week and I don't feel like coming after how Shawn acted." I say looking down at my cup of coffee.

"What happened?"

"Nothing special... but I told him that I don't want to see him at the party or something like that and then he completely changed," I say, thinking about that.

I don't know why it makes me feel mad or wondering like that but it's clear that I don't understand this boy... he scares because I can't identify who he is.

Teddy is in front of me and seems like he's reading me or something but then he talks.

"Just come at the party and bring with you someone you like" He started while checking his watch and getting up. "I have to go now sweetheart... see you later," He says and kisses my forehead.

-

"I'm happy you called me to come with you to this party..." I hear Cameron approaching his mouth to my ear while we're entering the house of the last time.

When Teddy left me alone in the café, I stayed there a little, just trying to know what I should do, whether coming or not. I thought a lot about this and then I got up from my seat to pick up my brother from his soccer game. I drove us home and I first chose to stay with him and spend a good evening with my little Superman... but then I got in my room and saw the hoodie on my bed. That hoodie that I should give back to its owner.

I stood in front of it for a few minutes but I just took my phone from my pocket and called a babysitter and then Cameron. And now... here I am.

I also brought with me the hoodie... but... I'm wearing it.

He acted like shit? I'll act like shit. Even though it's HIS hoodie and he has the rights to get it back at anytime he wants but...