Chapter 93

I read the message I received over and over again, making sure that I understand it. The sender didn't sign but I'm sure about who texted me. He's watching me, anywhere, anytime and I didn't notice it. I didn't know he'd be that obsessed with me and that's way creepier than I ever imagined. My heart starts beating faster, my breath gets jerkier and my hands are shaking. I can't stop staring at my screen, hoping that I'm just dreaming but these words go around in my head and confuse my thoughts even more.

"Lys?" Forgetting that I'm in the studio and ready for a photo shoot, I blench when a voice pulls me off my deep thoughts.

I turn back to see the origin of the voice that called me, only to find out that it was Shawn. I delete the message and put my phone in my pocket. He's walking to me and I try my best to put a smile on my face to greet him but the main reason is to erase anxiety that has grown in me since I read the few words of the text.

"Hi..." I say when he finally reaches me. "What are you doing here??" I ask, looking around to see if there's anyone else with us in this studio but we're alone.

"Don't you want to see me?" He asks back, frowning but smiles when he reads the confusion on my face. "I'm here for the photoshoot... I have asked Mayer not to tell you my name when we planned the session... I wanted to surprise you at the time..." He admits and I understand that he's talking about before last night and that he probably abandoned his idea to surprise me after what happened.

"Oh... well, I'm happy that it's you and not someone else" I smile and he spreads his arms so I can find my place in them.

We surround each other with the warmth of our arms and he kisses the top of my head when I lean it on his chest.

"I don't want you to photograph any other man anyways," He says and I pull off his embrace, chuckling at his words.

"First, you're not my boss and second, Mayer didn't ask me to photograph anyone else anyways," I use the same tone he used but he doesn't laugh the way I did a few seconds ago.

"I'm serious, Lys... I-" He tries to trump but I cut him off and walk to the desk, the laptop is on.

"Can we talk about this later, please? I have to photograph YOU, in case you forgot it." I brush this off for the moment and he just walks away in the changing room when other workers get in the studio.

He never told me this before even though he knew that I am a photographer so I don't understand why he's caring about who I take photos of now and not before. I shake my head and shut off all these thoughts before I start wondering too much about it. I set the lights but when I hear him coming to me, I look up at him and I am breathless when my eyes are on his body perfectly sculpted by his muscles protruding from his black and white striped t-shirt. He never wears this type of top but it looks really good on him, to the point that I'm mesmerized by his beauty and, his hair fixed to the back with paste on it doesn't help. I usually don't like it when he fixes his hair with paste and he knows it but, right now, something is different which makes him look so serious and way sexier. Something I didn't think it was possible since he's handsome anyway, with or without these little things added. He walks to me, his smile faded away and his eyebrows are furrowed. He's fleeing my gaze and running his hand through his hair while approaching me.

Did I do something wrong?

I'm about to ask him but a makeup artist joins him where he sits in front of me, to hide imperfections that don't really exist with a powder.

We start the session and I take several pictures. We work together, our heavy thoughts enveloping us in a silence that none of us will break. I don't know how the atmosphere around us changed that far but something is wrong and both of us have to talk about our doubts.