Chapter 81

- A few hours ago -

Maybe I'm totally wrong and he's the one to get me through.

Get out Shawn, get out... just tell me to stay, please.

I'm about to unlock my car with my key when I hear him getting out of his vehicle and slamming the door behind. My heart just stops and I close my eyes.

"Alyssa!" He shouts and I stop.

I don't move and I don't turn back to him either but I stay out of the car. Tears flew down my cheeks because I felt the end and the way he told me to get out of his car broke my heart.

"Alyssa, please" he begs and despite the noise of the city, I can hear him walking closer to me.

I wait a minute and then I turn around to face him, to look straight into his eyes and tell him what I think about this.

Tell him how I'm feeling and that I don't understand him because I've never seen him this way.

"What, Shawn? What do you want? Why did you pull out of your car if you asked me to leave? Why didn't you try?" I raise my voice with all the water flowing down from my puffy eyes.

"What are you talking about?" He asks and gets closer to me but I step back to keep him far enough from me.

And I don't care if we're outside, in the city where everyone could see us. I just want to pull out everything that I'm holding back.

"The only thing I want is someone who stays even though I shout him to leave but you told me to get out of the car the second I asked you to leave me... you didn't even try to stop it, you kept going as if it meant nothing to you and that's how I felt. I felt like it was okay for you to end everything within 2 minutes!" I say, lowering my voice but still crying.

"I'm here Alyssa! I didn't leave yet!" He frowns at me in confusion but I keep going.

He can't say that he didn't leave while I felt it.

"I don't fucking care if you're still here or not, Shawn! If you told me to get out then you thought about everything to end, it just means that even for a second, you wanted it to end... otherwise, you wouldn't have done it" I say, pointing my first finger on his chest.

"I was just angry because you're the one who told me to leave! And you made a scene for nothing because of Allie! I told you several times that nothing happened but maybe I should have done something so you can get angry about something!" He snaps out which lets me speechless. I didn't except what he said and he hurts me even more but when he notices my expression, he starts apologizing. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean it that way but you're clearly angry for nothing and I'm a dick for saying what I said but I love you and I'd never do that..." He tries, scratching his neck in embarrassment.

"Don't you get it? I'm not angry because of Allie, I was just playing in the beginning but it went wrong and that's what makes me mad. I'm angry because of you" I say, walking back to the driver door of my car and start opening it.

"Why are you acting like it's over? I'm here and I'm still with you!" He asks, closing back the door which makes me look up at him. In his eyes filled with tears. "Can we, at least, stop arguing now and go pick up your brother... We'll talk about this later... After the game..." He says, with still his hand on the door.

He's right... I promised Liam that I'll bring with me a surprise and this surprise was supposed to be Shawn because he didn't see him for a long time. I want everyone to have a nice time all together so I give in and head to the Jeep after I locked my car.

He sighs and follows me inside the vehicle. the journey to my parents' is long, quiet and cold. I couldn't imagine being with Shawn with a heavy silence between us.

After a while, we finally arrive and I start getting out to take Liam but before I go out, I turn to him and he does the same.

"I never wanted this to get that far but you said stupid things, Shawn..." I admit and walk out until I reach the porch.

I ring the doorbell and wait a second before someone opens the door. Unfortunately, it's my dad... I couldn't come across better!

"Hi, Alyssa-" He starts but I cut him off before he has the time to add anything else.

"Is Liam ready? I'm the one bringing him to his game." I say, looking everywhere but him.

"Yes," He nods and looks down before he finally calls him down.

When my brother joins us downstairs and we head back to the car, my dad stops me by grabbing my arm.

"Don't touch me," I say with my deepest voice and he immediately let go of me.

"I'm sorry... I didn't want to hurt you but we have to talk, like after the game." He says but I just get back to the car without saying anything.

I don't know what his purpose is but I don't care enough to get worried about it so I just get in the car where Liam already got in.

"Lyssa! Why didn't you tell Shawn would be here? I'm so happy that you two are going to watch me playing!" He says of excitement and I can't help but smile and laugh.

Both of them seem to be happy even though they met up only one time. Maybe it's a boy thing, I just have no idea but during the journey, they keep on talking together and I'm just here, in the same car, listening to them and smiling. Shawn explains to Liam how were his 7 years of playing soccer and how funny it was but when he mentions that sometimes he felt low, Liam's smile fades away and he looks down at his fingers.

"Liam?..." I ask and turn on my passenger seat to see him in the back. "Is there something wrong? Boy just tell me..." I say and reach for his hand to hold it.

After a long minute of waiting, he finally takes the speech.

"I'm scared for tonight..." He admits and this time, Shawn talks over me on purpose to calm him down and relax him.

"Hey, listen to me. You're going to go on this field and rock. You're going to play your ass off to goal and to win this game because you're the best and because you're the king, right?" He says, still driving to the club and I'm still holding Liam's hand.

A smile grows on my lips when I hear the way Shawn tries to cheer my little brother up but when he looks up at me, I can tell that it didn't work.

He's crying.

"But the other players and the coach keep saying that I'm not good and that I shouldn't even be in the team... They keep on saying that I suck and that I'm the one that makes the loss of the team..." He reveals and I turn back on my seat, looking at Shawn.

He glances back at me and then through the mirror to see Liam wiping his tears.

"Don't believe them... they're just saying that because they're jealous and because they can't play as well as you do..." Shawn tries his best to make him feel better and this time, it works a little bit.

I don't know what's wrong with that coach who clearly doesn't know to lead a team of children but I won't let this pass this time.

-----

Hi everyone! I hope that you liked this chapter so tell me what you think about it!

Love you all. 

-----