It's My Mistake (17)

Chanyeol's P.O.V.

I should've told her.

I had my chance, but I ruined it. It's my fault that she has a pursuer, a dangerous pursuer, and I haven't even warned her.

Taehyung... why do you think that you can hide those feelings from me?

I sense his hatred, but I don't do anything about it.

I used to think that avoiding the problem will make things better. Now I know that it doesn't always have a happy ending to it... actually, it never has a happy ending.

I knew that I should have never brought Y/N to that wedding. I knew that something was wrong with Taehyung, who is now still considered my stepbrother, yet I didn't care. It was such a strong feeling too, but I just ignored it... I didn't understand that feeling, I was still a kid.

It's all my fault that Y/N's in danger.

I pulled myself into this mess, to protect Y/N, but that'll always come with a price, yet I managed to overcome it. I was lucky enough to survive... survive from Taehyung.

He really thinks that I don't know.

He really thinks that he could get away with all of this...

I got off of the couch that I was lounging on and headed out.

"Hey,"

Walking down the sidewalk, I heard a male's voice, one that I knew very well.

I continue down the path as if I didn't hear that certain person.

"I don't think it's a good idea to go there, now is it, Chanyeol." The man -Taehyung- whispered very close to my ear.

I felt shivers go down my spine. I didn't even hear him coming behind me.

The feeling of being threatened by him again made me lose all hope.

What can I do?

He's always watching me. I can't escape from him. I'm sorry that I couldn't be strong enough to protect you, Y/N. I'm sorry that I never told you that I care about you.

I'm sorry for bringing you into this mess, my mess.

*****

"So you're someone who hides many stuff right?" I slowly nod my head, staring off into space.

I hear the sound of someone snapping their fingers, so I look up.

"Look Chanyeol, if you don't want to talk right now, just tell me." I shake my head and put myself in a more comfortable position on the chair.

Right across the table from me is none other than Y/N's best friend, Jisoo. She isn't smiling like she always does. Hell, she just let herself inside my house.

I only felt weird vibes coming from her throughout this visit.

"Can you trust me?"

I stay silent.

The awkward silence lasted for a few more minutes before I heard footsteps, who I assumed was Jisoo finally getting out of here.

But I was wrong.

"Uh... hi Taehyung! Do you need some time alone with Chanyeol?" He's back.

"Yeah..."

My heart start to race rapidly.

Third Person's P.O.V.

Jisoo nods her head, and gets up to take her leave. Taehyung and Chanyeol are left in the room alone. A suffocating silence took over.

Taehyung went up to Chanyeol and pulled the elders arm to get him to face him.

They look into each others eyes, both knowing exactly what was going to happen.

*****

Chanyeol woke up to feel a throbbing pain on his forehead.

He tries to remember what happened, but he simply can't. The boy looked at his surroundings and immediately knows that he's still inside his house.

But why can't I remember anything?

Chanyeol gets up from lying on the ground and looks outside.

"It's night time...?"

He went up to his bedroom and went to sleep, and he hopes to at least remembering one event.

The last person Chanyeol thought of was Y/N before going to sleep.

When the morning came rolling by, the sun's rays hit Chanyeol's face causing him to wake up. He rubbed his eyes before looking at himself in the mirror that's placed right in front of his bed.

.
.
.
.
.

"Who am I?"

_____

Y'all, I apologize for the short chapter.