Chapter 18

We fly out for a couple of blocks and find another group of guards terrorizing people. We deal with them for a bit, and soon enough, everyone else shows up and helps fight. We get through them and continue to the next one.

"What if I used an electromagnetic pulse again?" Joey asks after a few minutes of fighting. Once, Joey had done this and shut down all of the power for a second or two. If he conducted more electricity this time, maybe he could make it last longer.

"Go for it!" Adam shouts to him, and he gets on Bolt's back. The two of them fly up to the power lines, and Joey grabs hold of one, and Bolt bites another. He absorbs a good amount of energy they both prepare an electrical blast. The discharge blows out of Joey and Bolt in a huge spark, and all of the power goes out for a couple of blocks away in all directions. All of the guards' lights go out, and they all crumble to the ground.

"Is it safe to go?" I ask.

"Should be. An EMP of this size should have them out for a little bit.

"To Aaron!" Joey shouts, flying past us. A gust of wind follows him and blows us all back. His dragon can go pretty fast.

"Yeah, to Aaron," Nick agrees, and Shadow runs over. His dragon runs under his legs and flips Nick onto his back. "Alright Shadow, time to go?"

"Yeah, we have to save our friend!" Shadow exclaims, and we all board our dragons and fly up into the sky.

"How do you think we get into the tower?" Max asks, soaring through the sky on Frosty.

"Maybe through the door," Elliot suggests.

"I think we should blow in through the window," Felix says while Sonic shoots small blasts of sound energy in the air.

"Hey, we're on the news!" Joey states. I look over and see him looking at his phone.

"What does it say?" I ask him, flying closer to Joey.

"It says, 'Unknown tower rises from the ground and brings evil robots with it, only to be put to a stop by eight kids with supernatural abnormalities,' and then a picture of Nick going ballistic on a guard," Joey reads the article.

"We're famous!" Adam says with excitement.

"It's not about fame, it's about using our powers to stop The Shadow Ruler," Nick scolds Adam.

"Buzzkill," Adam mutters under his breath.

"We're narrowing in on the tower," I inform everyone.

"Through the window!" Joey shouts, and Bolt nose-dives into the window. We all follow him, and Nick tries to lead Shadow around, but Shadow dives in without Nick's permission.

"Brace for impact!" Adam shouts, and all of us blow through a dark window and roll into a dark room. I look up and see a dark room and The Shadow Ruler standing above us. I quickly roll up and stood in front of him. I light my fists on fire and stand in a fighting position.

"Where's Aaron?" I ask, threating to attack him with my flames.

"Ha, all I do is take your friend and you come running right back to me," He chuckles. "Your measly fire isn't going to hurt me."

"Try me," I growl, my fire burning brighter.

"I'd like to see you try."

I run at him and throw multiple punches at him, setting parts of his armor on fire. He knocks me back and I slam into the wall. I slide to the ground and look to my right. I see a sword rack and rip out a black sword with red markings. I swing it at him, and he generates a sword of his own. It's made of some shadow material and is still solid.

He swings it at me, and I block it with my sword

He swings it at me, and I block it with my sword. I shoot fire at him and pull my sword back up. I swing it at him and he blocks again. He throws a kick at me, and it hits me in my gut, sending me to the ground. I swing my sword at his legs, and it seems to do nothing. He blasts me with dark shadow energy, but I send out a surge of fire, and the two elemental blasts connect and explode in the air.

"Shocking, isn't it?" I hear Joey ask, and I see him jump up and electrocute The Shadow Ruler. He drops to his knee and, and Adam comes over pelting him with rocks.

"Enough!' he shouts and punches Joey. This knocks him up against a wall, and he turns around to deal with me. I slide under his legs and hit his back with my sword. He turns and continues to attack me with blasts of shadow energy. I notice our watches on display. They're in a glass box mounted on the wall. I blast fire at it, and the glass melts away. I run up, dodging shadow energy. I get to the box and without stopping, plant my foot in the wall and use my momentum to run up the wall, grab my watch, and flip backward. I land on the Shadow Rulers back and slam my hand down on the watch, the armor folding out over me. I slam my fist into the small of his back and he flips me off. I land on the ground with a crash, and a blast of water flows into the room like a tidal wave, knocking The Shadow Ruler to the ground. Nick then teleports above The Shadow Ruler and blasts him with phantom energy, quickly teleporting away. He does it again from multiple angles.

"Give us Aaron!" Nick shouts right before The Shadow Ruler slams Nick up against a wall.

"Quit," he says, dropping Nick to the ground.

"For Zerkin!" I hear Adam shout as he punches the ground behind The Shadow Ruler. A set of huge rocks surround and trap him, and it thumps on the ground.

"We have to find Aaron," Nick commands, getting up off of the floor. Nick leads us out of the room and we all follow him.