Chapter 39

The Shadow Ruler begins to stomp away from us and into Zerkin.

"Don't let him get away!" Adam shouts out, getting into his feet and running after the mechanical suit of armor. We all stand up and follow, shouting out words of nonsense. Adam leaps onto it's foot and Nick follows close behind.

"GET OFF OF ME!" the Shadow Ruler shouts with the speaker from the cockpit of the mech. He turns the mech around and moves the robotic hands up to face us. Out of them blast out an explosion of Shadow power and we all fly backwards, hundreds of miles. We all slam into the ground and I black out.

*  *  *

I open my eyes and I can see that it's morning now. How long have we been out? I sit up on the grass and look around. The rest of the X-Team is laying on the ground looking limp and lifeless. All of our armor is deactivated. I look at my arm. My armor is off, too. I stand and walk over to the closest person to me, which happens to be Skylor.

"Hey. Sky, wake up," I shake her slightly. Nothing. I sit her up and eventually, her eyes open and she questions where we are. "We got blasted into oblivion by the Shadow Ruler, remember?" I ask her.

"Yeah. Yeah, I do," she nods, standing up slowly.

"We all got knocked out, and we need to get everyone up," I tell her. She nods and walks over to Joey. I walk to Nick and begin to wake him up.

Soon, we get the whole X-Team up and standing and Max leaning on Felix.

"Where are our dragons?" Nick asks me. I look around for an answer and see all of them frolicking in the grass a little bit away from us.

"Over there," I tell him, pointing over to them. They apparently hear me and begin to run towards me. They get to me and begin to spread out to their owners. Zipper gets to me and asks,

"What's up, Ryan?"

"We need to get back to Zerkin," I tell him. He nods and folds up his wing, inviting me to get on his back. I hop on and look to everyone else.

"Alright guys, we need to get back to Zerkin and stop the Shadow Ruler. He doesn't have the right to come in and take over our town like this. The X-Team will have something to say about that. Now, who's with me?" Nick asks the X-Team. 

"YEAH!" We all shout in unison. They get onto their dragons and we take off to the sky.

X-Teamजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें