Chapter 19

Its been quiet, at the Overwatch HQ.

With Talon out of the way and going on a hiatus, there wasn't much to do. Besides the minor problems that were an easy fix, they just kept quiet.

After the battle, they were informed that Overwatch's ban was lifted by a lawyer. Hired by Y/n with the help of Luka. Turned out her aunt was also a very good lawyer.

Luka heard the story and was expected to break down, but all she did was flash a sad smile. She knew the y/h/c haired girl wouldn't want anyone to cry over here. "Don't let her sacrifice go to waste." was what she said.

After all that, you'd think Overwatch would have a big celebration and party until the sunrise, but nothing happened. The halls were quiet, the rooms empty and the place just seemed desolated.

Y/n wasn't an official part of Overwatch, but the time they were able to spend together were worth the Overwatch family member card. Of course the rest of the foot soldiers who lost their lives in that fight were remembered, Y/n was a person of honor. So if she died along with other people, she would want everyone to be remembered.

As for the world, they all congratulated them. With cheers, festivals and events. They seemed more enthusiastic about the win the them themselves really. Well thats because they didn't know how it all went down. If it wasn't for that one sacrifice, they would have died, the world would have died.

The agents felt shame and guilty that they were taking all the praise and gifts when they were practically helpess on the field. To them, this was supposed to be Y/n's glory and they had tried to tell the people it was from a girl named Y/n.

But no one heard.

They all shrugged and continued to shower them in the praise that Y/n deserved. The world was twisted.

Lena's world though, gone.

Perished, dissapeared and dead.

It was no exaggeration. Ever since Lena came back from the mission, the world around her seemed to have its colors sucked out of them. The things that Lena enjoyed to do every moment of the day felt dull to her.

Most of them were holding Y/n close to her.

In her mind, were endless fantasies of if Y/n was alive. If they won that battle and if they weren't so careless with their ultimate.

She saved the healers, she saved the team and the world.

She was a hero.

Thats name who will sadly never be known.

It makes you wonder, how many people have died saving a loved one, a home, a family or even the world? The smallest things that helps a person from killing themselves or a car crash. All these happen every single day, and they don't get much appreciation. Besides the thank you's they get from the person they helped.

The world, doesn't seem to care.

Maybe thats why the people are trying to kill it Lena thought bitterly.

Lena's bubbly persona was popped and gone.

Gone with Y/n. She could hardly even show a genuine smile. It was so hard to act happy and all that with Y/n gone for her. To her, why bother?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Today was another day.

For most people but Lena saw it as another lifeless day she has to live for Y/n. Countless times Lena tried to leave this god forsaken planet but the agents would tell her how much Y/n would hate it if the Brit gave up so easily.