Chapter 8

They kept quiet .

A comfortable one . They didn't find it awkward or anything after their sudden exchange . They enjoyed it , but their question still remains .

What are we now ?  they thought .

The question was internally killing Y/n and she was dying to ask the Brit but something in her body was holding her body back from cooperating with her . "I'm sorry about earlier . You know if you feel weird about it and all." Lena apologized . Y/n shook her head and chuckled . 

"No , its okay . I mean I started the conversation about it anyway." Y/n said but she could still see the doubt in Lena's eyes .

"Seriously , I wanted it . Don't think I secretly regret it cause that is the last thing I'm thinking off right now." Y/n assures . Lena smiles and nods . "Good to know." Lena sighs in content . 

Y/n looks down to then stare at the contraption strapped onto Lena's chest . "What is that?" Y/n asks . Lena hums in response and looks at Y/n in confusion .

"I know its really late to ask , but I just really need to know what it is." Y/n asks again .

She recognizes that device . It was the same one that was the center piece of the plane that stole Lena away from her grasp . She just doesn't know its function .

Why she recognizes it ? She got to see the plane herself . She was there , wasn't she ?

"Oh this , remember when I went dissapeared?" Lena asks . "Kind of hard to forget." Y/n replies . "Oh , sorry." Lena looks down but Y/n waves it off .

"Anyways , when I came back . I was diagnosed with chronal disassociation . From what I heard , it means I was a living ghost . Popping in and out of this timeline." Lena explains while Y/n listens closely . "Well , I'm glad to know you're here . Thats all." Y/n says , a glint of happiness in her eyes .

Just as she said that , an explosion was heard . It was loud and sounded it could severe even the most protected or boarded walls . Y/n falls back , startled . Scared . "W-What was that?" Y/n asks , fear evident in voice . Lena stands up and looks around . "Stay here , they might need my help." Lena says .

But before she could leave , she felt a hand grab her wrist . "Let me come along." Y/n asks and Lena shakes her head . "Its not safe , you have to stay here." Lena says . "If its not safe for me , I don't want you to risk you're safety for me." Y/n protests .

"I'll be okay . I promise okay ? You stay here where its safe . I don't think the ships would land here . If it does , hide okay?" Lena tells her and Y/n nods hesitantly . "You're coming back alive , right?" Y/n asks and Lena nods . "Thats all I needed to knos." Y/n says before letting Lena's wrist go .

"No go save the world my hero." Y/n says and Lena nods before blinking off into the building .

Y/n was worried for the Brit's safety , but she was a girl of her words . Immediately , Y/n sprinted to a grass patch covered by the leaves of a nearby tree .

Open to avoid anything from crashing down on her but provided enough cover from being spotted . She crouched down , hearing the sounds of gunfire , screaming and destruction .

The same exact sounds she heard a year ago . During the fall of Kings Row .

Her vision flashed between then and now . Almost cursing her with bad sight at the worst moment in time . The y/h/c haired girl shook her head violently to get rid of the flashing , only to make herself dizzier .

Her plan backfiring , she just chose to stay with it rather than making it even more worse .

Y/n , having lost her vision at this point , tried to make sure she was well hidden and secure . Nothing really noticed her , but what Y/n assumes was a stray bomb forced her back .