Kisses

Tags: Hollstein, Fluff

I look at the mess of blonde hair sitting next to me. The one who's focused intently on the movie that, technically, I'm supposed to be watching too. The one who shoves handfuls of salty popcorn into her mouth while her gaze is glued to the screen, and doesn't even noticed that I'm seriously struggling to keep my eyes to myself right now because tonight is... tonight is something.

It's no special occasion. We have movie nights at least once a week, and that doesn't take into account the non-movie nights where we go out to eat or simply hang out together.

Basically what I'm trying to say is I spend all my time with the beautiful and talented Laura Hollis, and on occasion I watch her watch a movie and eat popcorn.

I've been working on trying to sound a bit less helpless and pathetic about it, but in my opinion it's a waste of time. Laura is too good for this world, and I am too gay to not notice.

Laura is my best friend/coworker/partner in crime or whatever you want to call it. We're stronger together, but that doesn't mean the blonde doesn't have the ability to render me utterly useless.

It's during a particularly gorey scene that Laura flinches away and our eyes meet. We're only sat a few inches apart, so it'd be easy to just lean in, but her eyes captivate me. Something in them is soft, like a warm hug that I want to fall into.

If that's not sickeningly sweet, then I want to know what kind of sweets you've been eating because I'm about to throw up.

But this is Laura Eileen Hollis we're talking about. Esteemed coworker, devout friend, love of my life.

So I gather up my usual cool-girl persona and try to sound disaffected as I glance down at her mouth and tilt my head to the side.

"You got some... lips... on your lips.." With that, I lean closer and brush my nose against hers, wanting to give her time to pull away if she wants to.

What I get instead is esteemed coworker, devout friend, love of my life Laura Hollis bursting out laughing right in front of my face. It hurts. Not gonna lie.

You try your best to be smooth and this is what you get in return...

"Wh-Why are you laughing!" I ask, as if I didn't already realize that I blew this whole thing. All of the emotions I built around this one moment for the past three years since I met Laura Hollis have come crumbling down around me. Sue me if I find it a little bit hard to keep my cool.

"Noo, Carm!" Laura laughs, grabbing my hand to keep me from standing up. "I'm sorry...  it's just! three years of beating around the bush and that's what you come up with?"

"Thr- What?"

"I've... I think I've been falling for you since the day you walked into my office," Laura admits sheepishly. I relax and let a smile take over my face, which happens once in a blue moon on a leap year.

"Really?" My grin only widens, and Laura's almost matches it.

"What happened to the badass sales rep I knew?" Laura sighs and musters up her straight (yet still helplessly gay) face, cupping my cheek and drawing me closer, back to where we were before Laura started laughing.

"You have no idea what you do to me, Cupcake..." I breathe out against her lips, reveling in how all I can smell is Laura, Laura, Laura.

"Show me."

Our lips meet finally, and she tastes like popcorn--salty, buttery, and delicious.

We finally kiss after three years or so of denying what I knew (what we both knew) was between us. Three years of kisses we could have had. Three years of lost time we have to make up.

And look at all the future that lays ahead of us

(drew inspiration from Rose & Rosie "you got some boob on your boobs")