Get that out of here.

Ultimate Distraction

Tags: Fluff, Hollstein, Cat

"Hey Cupcake, where are they keys to the car?" Carmilla calls out from the living room. Laura is in the bedroom when she hears the question and freezes with that 'oh shit' look on her face. She was technically supposed to find them yesterday, but she can't help it if she's living with an extremely sexy leather-wearing vampire!

She stops what she's doing and takes a deep breath before opening the bedroom door to see a helpless looking Carmilla, ready for work in her black pants, red vest, and white button down. Laura thinks she'll be the best ticket seller at the theater. That is, if she could actually get there, seeing as the keys are currently lost in some parallel dimension.

What Laura wouldn't give to have the Mirror of Erised right now.

"Okay, listen. I was going to find them, but then you were there and you looked so... tired and cute and you were cuddly and I didn't have time, I'm really sorry Carmilla I'll make it up to you, I swear! I'll even-" Carmilla's jaw only tenses more and more as Laura keeps rambling. She's afraid it will break.

Okay, maybe 'cute and cuddly' wasn't the best choice of words when dealing with an angry 17th century vampire, but in her defense it isn't a lie! What would you call having a tired little blood sucker laying on you all night and grumbling whenever you tried to get up-TO FIND THE KEYS MIGHT I ADD-and then sleepily murmuring how much she loves you in-between lighthearted death threats?

"Laura, how many times did I tell you to find those keys?" the girl starts off low and calm but her voice raises as she keeps talking, "I have to be at work in an hour and I can't start the car!"

"Don't yell at me! You wouldn't let me get up!" Laura says back, ever the stubborn one. The raven-haired girl crosses her arms in a defensive manner.

"So it's my fault that I'm going to be late for my first day of work?"

"Yes!" Nope, bad Laura. She's mentally face palming at how horribly she's handling this right now.

"Oh, you've done it now," Carmilla says with a bitter smile as she walks past her and into the bedroom. The blonde closes the door knowing that it'll probably be a very long morning of yelling, arguing, and make-up sex before it opens again.

"Look, Carm, I'm-"

"I don't care right now. You went on and on about how I should get a job for so long! 'Oh, get a job, Carmilla', 'Oh, it'll be fun Carmilla'" she mocks in a high pitched tone and then points a finger at Laura, who starts to inch toward the bed. "But then I ask you to do one thing for me that would help me keep this job you so desperately wanted me to have, and you don't do it!"

Carmilla pauses in her seething rant when she sees Laura slowly bend down and pull out a long wooden stick with a feather attached to one end by a string.

"I thought I told you to throw those things away," she says with wide, frantic eyes. She's still angry, but now it's mixed with fear and shame. Laura starts walking toward her slowly and Carmilla backs up until her back hits the wall.

"Laura, get that out of here!"

The blonde smiles and raises the stick high in the air and dangles the feather in front of her girlfriend's face, seeing her turn her head to the side and try her hardest not to look at the vibrant green feather in her periphery. She makes the feather jump a few times and is delighted when Carmilla swats at it, but quickly pulls the feather out of reach.

"Stop it, Laura! I'm trying to be angry!" She growls and swats at it again, but misses terribly. Her eyes follow it quickly as it shoots back and forth, and her hands twitch with the urge to reach out and snag it, but she resists as much as she can until, soon, it's too much to handle, and she lunges toward it and ends up laying on the ground next to the bed, huffing in disappointment.

The younger girl lays on the bed with her head propped up on her hand and flicks the feather back and forth above where Carmilla lays, hoping to entice her cat-like nature again. With a sigh of defeat, the vampire looks to the side and sees in the darkness of the underside of the bed, the car keys.

"Hey, I found the car keys!" Carmilla says excitedly. She stands up quickly and cups Laura's face, pressing a kiss to Laura's lips, pulling on the girl's lower lip with her teeth and then brushing over it softly with her thumb. "I'm sorry."

"I love you. Get to work," Laura says softly with a small smile, which Carmilla returns easily with all the anger from before nowhere to be found. She leaves quickly.

Laura puts the cat toy in a new hiding spot for later.