Friendly Competition

Tags: Hollstein, hinted Laferry, Fluff

"What are they doing?" Perry whispers to Lafontaine worriedly. They're watching from the couch as Carmilla and Laura stare at each other, sitting across from each other at the dining table which has an open pack of cookies on it, as per usual. Neither one of them is blinking, and neither of them waver.

"I think... they're having a staring contest?" Laf postulates, their head tilting to the side.  Perry and Laf continue watching the scene going down in front of them.

"Who do you think is going to win?" she gets more comfortable on the couch and leans more toward Laf in the process. Lafontaine gives her a wary look.

"I think you're developing a gambling problem... it doesn't suit you, Perr." Perry has been betting on every little development in Carmilla and Laura's relationship -- the latest being who will fall in love first -- and seeing as she's actually winning most of the bets and Laf is getting low on money, it's getting pretty high up on their list of things to be concerned about.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Perry sniffs, affronted, and shakes her head dismissively. Lafotaine gives her a knowing look which she ignores.

"Look, something is happening!" she whispers urgently to them and grips their arm to get their attention.

Across the room, they see Laura's hand inching slowly toward the pack of cookies placed equidistant between them just as Carmilla leans forward in her chair. Their gazes are still lasered in on one another's

Suddenly, like a rubber band stretched past its point of elasticity,  the moment snaps and with the strength of a threatened Python Laura's arm shoots forward and nabs the last cookie from the plastic tray, only miliseconds before Carmilla.

"Frilly hell!" Carmilla shouts as she stands up and chases Laura around the table, and Laura tries her best to run away from the angered vampire.

"I got it fair and square!" Perry and Laf watch on with stifled laughter and hands over mouths, holding each other upright.

"I'm faster than you that's not possible!" Carmilla easily catches Laura and traps her against the table, standing inches away from the out-of-breath Laura who can't stop laughing. Carmilla has her own smile plastered to her face as she holds onto Laura.

"I don't know what to tell you, Carm. I'm faster than you," she giggles, and raises her arm up to put the cookie out of reach when Carmilla tries to get it out of her hand. She leans forward, so much so that Laura is bent over backward until she's practically laying on the table with her arm fully extended, their stomachs pressed together and Carmilla gripping her waist and pulling her closer trying to reach further up.

It's clearly a compromising position which, after a few pictures taken, the gingers decide they shouldn't be subjected to watching. Especially when Carmilla and Laura are making very suggestive noises with the struggle of fighting over that cookie.

"G-Guys.. Hey!" Laf says, clearing their throat. The girls pause and look over to the couch where Laf and Perry are sitting, then immediately straighten up and fix their clothing.

"Ginger squad," Carm says shortly, but in her own affectionate way while running her hand through her hair.

"Yes, hello! Didn't see you there," Laura replies quickly while she fixes her shirt which had ridden up while being pressed to the table. The deep red of her cheeks stands out against her yellow cardigan.

"Yes, we could tell," Perry says with a smile.

The awkward silence that ensues is cut short when Laura shoves the cookie in her mouth and runs away. With a sigh and a brief pinch at the bridge of her nose, Carmilla grabs the keys from the dish next to the door.

"I'm going to get more cookies," she calls out. From somewhere within the house, Laura shouts 'yes!' and the stomping sound of her presumable happy dance echos throughout. The love-sick vampire smiles and, after a moment, walks out. Lafontaine digs out their wallet and takes out five dollars.

"You're right. Carmilla's totally whipped."

A triumphant grin spreads across Perry's face and she happily takes the money.