"How can you politely tell someone..."

"How can you politely tell someone to push you against a wall and make out with you"

Set in a'Not Everything is Fucked (except Laura)' AU

Tags: Making out, Fluff, Walls

Despite my ritual of making a wish every day at 11:11 PM and AM for the school to be over-run by some evil Angler fish -- which a certain broody someone continually made fun of -- exam day continued to taunt me day after day until, finally, it arrived.

It's the third day of exams and I am officially a zombie.

I didn't think my brain could handle my first exam, let alone three after that, so by the third day I don't even bother to act like a human being as I trudge back to my dorm room.

"Oh, Hello Laura," Perry says in her usual chipper-but-concerned voice. She follows me into my dorm room where I, a tiny gay blonde, fall face first into the comfort square and groan. "You look very exhausted. Why don't you take a nap?"

I only give a grunt in response.

I hear Perry walk away but remain face-planted into the bed despite not being able to breathe very well and my nose being scrunched into my face uncomfortably. My brain is too worn out to care, or to tell my muscles to move. Literature kicked my ass.

It wouldn't have been so bad if I had been able to keep her off my mind. I know how to write, and I've been working very hard all semester long with no distractions getting in my way except, of course, the unexpected roommate change. All my hard work seemed to go down the drain after my nice, intelligent roommate, Betty Speilsdorf, transferred and got replaced by a 5'3" jerk-face in leather named Carmilla Karnstein.

I'm tired, okay? I can't come up with good insults when I'm tired. Just keep reading.

I could deal with her annoying comments just fine. It wouldn't have been that bad if she had just stopped there, but she didn't. Every morning she was broody, and annoying, and every afternoon she stole my pillow even though she already has plenty of pillows on her own bed. She never cleans up after herself, either, and most of all she destroyed the chore wheel I spent a full day making!

It was a wonder, and a horrific revelation, when one day I realized that I started to find all of her annoying and hair-pulling qualities endearing. After the sixth time Carmilla stole my pillow, I didn't even mind. And it only got worse after that. She became less of a jerk-face in leather and more of a... gorgeous... jerk-face in leather. With a jawline, and lips like... like...

So exhausted I can barely move, how do you expect me to come up with something original?

I hear footsteps approaching again and I sigh, assuming it's Perry with a cup of hot chocolate or something. For the past few months Perry has been my go-to with all my Carmilla talk, because LaFontaine would probably try to make me ask her out. I've gotten used to just saying whatever I feel in front of her, surprisingly. You wouldn't think Perry would be so cool about me, a wholesome little cinnamon roll, talking about stuff like this.

"How do I politely tell Carmilla to push me against a wall and make out with me?" I ask Perry. The footsteps stop abruptly and then silence and a stifled laugh, which I only barely hear, but it sounds like sirens going off in my head.

Holy Hogwarts. That's not Perry, is it?

Please let that be Perry. Or a raccoon! Hell, let it a be a horse for all I care!

"I think you just did, Cupcake," a smirking voice says behind me.

Mental face palm x1000

At least I'm wide awake now. Quickly I turn over so I'm sitting on the bed to see Carmilla at the desk where I have spent many hours this semester filming my videos for the campus news program. She's leaning on it with her arms crossed over her chest and that cocky smirk on her face like it always is. If I could just- Breathe, Hollis. Now isn't the time.

"Did what?" I say quickly, clearing my throat and running a hand through my hair to the back of my neck. The brunette rolls her eyes and that smirk briefly turns into a smile.

"You know what." I stand up at that, and cross my arms to mirror hers. Carmilla's eyebrows quirk with the challenge, and before I know it she's right in front of me, and my back is slammed into the tall dresser behind us. It's almost painful with the door handle digging into my back, but it's easily ignored when my legs are wrapped around Carmilla's waist and our faces are only inches apart with breath mingling in the space between our lips, urging us closer.

Holy Dumbledore, I never expected this.

"Is this what you wanted?" She whispers as she tilts her head, our noses rubbing together in possibly the best Eskimo kiss ever as she leans closer.

Yes, It is, and a thousand times more than that.

The first kiss is searing, and i'm not entirely sure who closed the distance, but it's clear neither of us regret it. After months and months of pining and secret desperation I am finally able to run my fingers through her hair. Our lips move together like burning waves, which is really hard to explain, but I promise there is no better way to say it. My brain is back to its happy state of not being able to function correctly as she captures my bottom lip between her teeth and pulls on it before she kisses me again. I try, and fail, not to gasp.

"I- Carmilla, I'm-" I need you, I'm tired of beating around the bush.

"Laura," Carmilla says against my lips.

"Yeah?"

"Shut up," she says and she kisses harder this time, her hands running up my sides until one is cupping the side of my face and her tongue is flicking against the roof of my mouth making me shiver from anticipation, or from I don't know what, but it feels amazing and that's all that matters right now.

And if I remember hearing two shocked gasps and Perry whispering "Don't look, dear," before the sound of a door closing, then I'll just have to blame it on me being drunk on Carmilla's lips.