Vibrator

Tags: Fluff, Hollstein, Papa Hollis

Laura Hollis, at seventeen years old, definitely isn't the most innocent person, but she definitely has her moments.

It was a warm summer night and she had just gotten home from Carmilla's house, and as per usual she goes to the bathroom to brush her teeth before bed. Her dad wasn't there when she walked in, so she assumed he was on a patrol doing his police-ly duties, or he went to bed early. Really, with seventeen years of living with Sherman Hollis, she should have known better.

Her day with Carmilla had been like every other day spent with her very best friend of almost eight years. Of course, there was laughter and jokes, but there was also a certain sense of comfort that enabled them to do more personal stuff together, like a buy toothbrushes for each other's houses. And Laura figured, why not get a new tooth brush?

The one she'd been using was in dire need of replacement for weeks, maybe even months--though it isn't pleasant to think about. The bristles were bent beyond repair due the vigorous brushing she has to put it through to get the candy and sweets cleaned from her teeth.

Even with all of the sugar she eats, she's rarely ever gotten cavities. She sort of prides herself on that fact. She remembers how Carmilla laughed for a good five minutes when she proudly declared that she's been a "Clean Toother Scout" at her local children's dentists office for six years running.

In the mirror she sees her teeth bright and shiny as she smiles at the memory.

Without hesitation, she takes her new toothbrush out of its packaging (the inane packaging which she never quite understood, to be honest) and holds it up to the light.

It's average sized, white with pink accents, and it's quite thick at the handle due to the batteries which rotates the bristles on the other end. The buttons to operate it lie on the inside of the handle where you place your thumb, for easy access.

Carmilla insisted she get the electric toothbrush because it's supposed to "reach between the teeth," but Laura knows most of that is B.S. anyway. Carmilla looked happy when she agreed, though, so she supposes she can't complain about it if it made her friend smile so wide.

Without further delay, she wets the bristles with a short burst of water from the faucet and grabs the silver tube from the cabinet built into the mirror. A thick white line is spread onto the end of the toothbrush slowly. Every time Laura brushes her teeth, she tries her best to make it look like it does in the commercials, but rarely does it ever turn out well.

She bares her teeth and brings the toothbrush up, turning it on before starting to brush her pearly whites (okay, pearly off-whites because nobody's perfect) in small circles, making sure to brush along her gums.

Immediately, the bristles move. They rotate and extend and move back in forth in every direction while the small motor hums loudly. She grips the vibrating handle tighter, afraid she'll accidentally slip and punch herself in the face or something. (Not like it's happened before. Heh.)

But she can't say she notices any difference. Sure, it feels different, but the result is still the same. She's still going to have brushed teeth when she goes to bed. Nevertheless, she keeps at it, making sure to get all of her teeth from every angle physically manageable and spitting frothy toothpaste out when necessary all the while the toothbrush whirrs loudly.

About a minute in, she's busy brushing her back molars and was spitting out some toothpaste when the door bursts open behind her and her dad storms in.

"LAURA, I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING IN HERE AND I DO NOT APPROVE, YOUNG LADY!!" He shouts, pointing his accusing finger at her reflection. She stares at him, wide eyed, and turns off the toothbrush. "YOU'RE TOO YOUNG TO BE USING A-"

"A toothbrush?"

"YES, I- Wait, a toothbr- What?" He stammers, looking a lot less stern than when he barged in, and very confused. Laura holds up the toothbrush while subtley wiping some excess paste from the side of her mouth.

"I got a new toothbrush. Do you not approve of electric toothbrushes? I'm sorry, Dad. Carmilla wanted me to get it, so..."

"No, no... you're... fine. Good night, Sweetie," Sherman sighs, scratching the back of his head and huffing as he leaves Laura to her toothbrush.

"Night, Dad!"

Laura stares at the stick in her hand for a minute. Weird.

After she finishes brushing her teeth, she climbs into bed and grabs her phone.

Cupcake: My dad came into the bathroom while I was brushing my teeth and said he didn't approve of me using an electric toothbrush

Carm: Maybe he didn't like how loud it vibrated? ;)

Cupcake: What? WAIT! YOU DID THIS!

Carm: mmmhm?

Cupcake: YOU TRICKED ME INTO BUYING THIS TOOTHBRUSH TO FREAK MY DAD OUT! >:(

Carm: No, that's unrealistic. How could I have known that would happen?

Cupcake: be honest and we can go to that park you like tomorrow? :D

Carm:  Okay, fine... I might have persuaded you into buying the something that's basically a vibrator for your mouth.

Cupcake: :( I knew it! Carm...

Carm: At least now you have something to keep you company when I'm not around

Cupcake: THAT WAS ONE TIME!

Carm: One time wasn't enough, was it?

Cupcake: ...Good night, Carm! See you tomorrow!

Her phone vibrates with a new text and instead of reading it, she turns the vibration off and closes her eyes. With a sigh, she covers her face with her hands, knowing that she must be red as a tomato.

Well, who hasn't accidentally had sex totally on purpose at least once with their very best friend?! It happens to everyone! Right? Right?!

No, one time wasn't enough, she thinks to herself, frustrated, and eventually drifts off to a Carmilla-filled dreamland.

(TBH this I was gonna post this earlier but to find the pic I had to venture to S3 E12 and I kept rewatching the kiss scene for about 30 minutes... oops? Also my new toothbrush actually sounds and looks like it could be vibrator help me.)