41~ Till [The End] Of Time

Haden's POV

The fated day had arrived. In other words, it was the day of the wedding. To be honest it felt surreal, I never thought for a single moment that we would be here. I wanted it but that necessarily didn't mean it would happen. I know all too well what he was like.

But things were different. I wasn't exactly sure when it changed, but somewhere along the longs things did.

Since last week Derek kept insisting on sleeping in my room...In my bed. It was not that he said it to my face, he wouldn't really do that. I'd just find him sleeping curled next to me. Throughout the night our bodies would gravitate towards each other until he was pressed against me with his arms wrapped around me.

There was nothing more amusing to watch than his sleeping face. I am aware that it makes me sound like a creep but it was nice to see him in the morning sleeping next to me. I would kiss him gently, making sure not to wake him up and leave.

I'd see him peeking through the crack of the door to make sure I was asleep before tucking himself between the sheets. He never knew I was awake and I didn't do much to show that I was awake –except for the occasional sleep-hug. Derek probably assumed I was asleep. The first time I did it he didn't struggle, which was foreign to me but who was I to complain. After all I'd been waiting for this day for ten years too long. The day that Derek would return my feelings and act on them.

Now that it was in my grasp I was never going to let it go, never.

Not again.

I adjusted my bow tie while watching my every move through the long narrow mirror. My thoughts were too preoccupied with what was meant to happen today.

I kept wondering what Derek was doing in that moment. It was as if I could close my eyes and imagine how much of a nervous wreck he was probably being. I wasn't the one to speak though. My heart was beating a thousand miles per hour, making blood rush restlessly through my entire body. I had never been this nervous in my entire life. Yet I held a calm façade.

I was excited to see him. My mother had made sure Derek and I didn't come into contact the day before the wedding. Bad luck she said. I thought that only applied to traditional weddings.

A knock came at the door, even before I could answer the doors opened and an all too familiar figure emerged.

"Who knew you'd end up marrying the fág" I didn't have to turn around to know who it was. His voice was harsh as it had been in high school. "Explains why you defended him in school mate" he continued with a chuckle.

I smirked and focused my gaze on him through the mirror. An old friend stood leaning against the door, he had his hands shoved into his pockets frame smirking in all his assertiveness.

"Are the others here..." I asked ignoring his comment.

"Yes, they're waiting down sta-"

"You!" He didn't get to finish his sentence before a female voice interrupted him. That was the voice which made me turn on my heels to face them.