38~ I Don't Hate You After All

"Haden

"Haden.." I let my voice trail as I cleared my throat while pushing away from him. "Why did you bring me here?" I had to know, my voice shook and it sounded hoarse. I sniffed and rubbed the back of my hand under my nose.

Today wasn't any different from any other day; he would go away on a business trip and leave me by myself. So why did he bother this time? I just had to know.

His expression changed and he broke eye contact with me, choosing instead to focus on the floor as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other. My heart raced with anticipation. "Because I....didn't want to spend an entire week away from you." He sounded sincere, and I didn't know how I was supposed to respond.

He chuckled, and rubbed the back of his neck in what I presumed was embarrassment. "So where do you want to go?" He said, shifting the conversation. His hand reached for my cheek. I flinched when the back of his fingers touched my skin softly and brushed the tear away from my face.

"I just..... I just want to go back to the hotel" I said and looked back up at him. He looked a bit disappointed. But he didn't protest or even dare to suggest an alternative, and instead helped into the car and in no time we were back in our quite hotel room.

When we walked in to the cold hotel room I found myself wondering why I had suggested we come back here. It was clearly a terrible idea. There was nothing to do, and it was boring as hell. I flopped on to the bed and closed my eyes for a moment.

The sound of the hotel bathroom door opening caught my attention. Haden walked out with just a towel wrapped around him. I tried not to stare. But he looked godly with the shower steam behind him. He caught me staring and a smirk flashed across his face. I shifted my eyes away from him and looked away, pretending to not have been caught ogling him. In my peripheral vision I saw him slowly approaching me. Yet, I kept my eyes focused on anything but him. I felt a hand on my cheek. Haden turned my face to meet his and before I could process what was happening his lips were on mine. It was nothing intense, just a quick kiss. The kind that was warm and made someone's stomach flip. I loved it. Before I could reach out to him and run my hands through his hair he pulled away; I was left there speechless.

He quietly got dressed and then disappeared into the balcony with his phone. I heard him pacing and speaking to someone over the phone.

Before I knew it I had drifted off to a deep sleep.

When I finally jerked awake it was dark outside and the city glowed with its night brilliant lights.

How long had I been asleep for...

The table electric clock beside the bed flashed 7pm in bright neon lights.

"Mr. Anderson?" said a voice cautiously. It was an unfamiliar voice and my head turned to the stranger in my room. It was the man that had brought our breakfast in the morning. How did he get into the room? the situation was all kinds of weird. He placed a large bag on the side of the bed. It was full of clothes. I turned my attention to the nervous looking man. "Mr. Smith wanted me to hand you this sir," He held out an envelope. My blood slowly started to run cold as I slipped the envelope from his grip.