21 ~ Change is near

|VOTEEEEEEEE & COMMENTT|

Hatred is mostly jealousy or one-sided love –Hirutius

When my car came around the bend of the drive way and screeched to a stop the first thing I noticed was Ash's black Bentley parked in the drive way. It had been a while since I'd seen him. Now that I think about it, he used to come by Haden's house at least once a week, but recently he just seemed to have dropped out of the grid.

I got out from my car and grabbed my phone before heading towards the main entrance. The doors swung open. If I hadn't known any better I would have thought that the house officially had automated doors. But, it was only Ash. Clearly the gods were listening to me today. My lips stretched into a smile on their own accord and did nothing to hide the excitement that rushed through me when I saw him.

But, something was not right. The look on his face made the hairs on the back of my neck stand. He seemed hostile. His usual greetings and smile was nowhere in sight. For a moment my smile vanished.

"Hi" I said as I approached him.

"Hello" He replied. His tone sounded formal than usual. I frowned.

My eyes caught movement behind Ash. It was Haden. Now I could understand the animosity. It was even a surprise that they were related at all. Haden stepped forward from behind him and into my line of vision. My gaze shifted from Ash and met Haden's never ending soothing dark eyes. I averted my gaze and could feel warmth creeping on to my face as the images from the dreams slithered in my thoughts.

My averted eyes glared at the floor but slowly rose to glace at Haden. He whispered something into Ash's ear before walking right past me and out the door. His warm hand rested on my shoulder for a nano-second and squeezed it before walking out the door.

What the f*ck, There was no 'bye' or a 'hello', or any acknowledgement at all. What was up with that?

"Can I talk to you" Ash asked. His tone broke me out from my thoughts. Maybe he'd tell me what was going on. A fool can dream.

"Sure" My forehead crinkled into a slight frown as I studied his unwavering expression.

"....in private" He pressed. I looked around. There was no one around us. This was 'private'. He began to walk away with me right on his tail.

He made his way into the library. The same place that he had tried to kiss me the first time we met. My chest began to pound as I followed him. My anxiety was getting to me.

Ash came to a halt in front of the large window and inhaling deeply and loudly, he turned to face me. I looked at him in confusion. He seemed to be pondering about something.

"Do you remember how you said that you didn't want to get married to Haden..." His voice trailed off. Yes... but why bring that up all of a sudden.

He averted his eyes from mine for a moment.

It looked as if he was selecting the correct words in his head. "...you don't have to.. take this... This is your chance....it'll take you way from that monster, you'll be free of him. you'll never have to see him again" He tried to smile, but it never reached his eyes. Suddenly I didn't trust me as I once did.

His words were shocking. He'd called Haden a Monster. I was lost for words, my eyes moved from his face to the white envelope he had in his hands. I didn't know what I should do. I only stared at it.

"Take it!" He barked, and I almost jumped out of my skin.

"Ash it's okay. I don't really mind." He was probably worried about me, worried about my safety. I had to tell him that I was okay, because I was. I was much better now that I had been before.