37~ What I've Realised

The unbearable heat was pressed to my back; it was suffocating and heavy, unusually heavy

The unbearable heat was pressed to my back; it was suffocating and heavy, unusually heavy. I squeezed my eyes shut blocking out the morning sun that filtered through my eyelids. The warmth pressed harder against my bare back. It wrapped around my torso, pulling me in further. The bed felt incredibly soft and warm. Something didn't feel right. I hummed under my breath and tossed on the bed. My hand suddenly collided with something firm and warm. Warm breath brushed my face. My eyes shot open. A gasp escaped my lips and my eyes widened at the sight. I blinked in disbelief. Then everything from last night hit me like a ton of bricks. Heat rushed to my face as my eyes examined his exposed body. For a moment I forgot everything.

My eyes travelled up his chest and met his burning gaze. Those coal eyes burnt through me making my face heat up even more.

"Good morning" he whispered with an impish smirk playing on his lips. My heart pounded when I heard his voice. He must have picked up on my panicked expression, "Don't worry, nothing happened..." his words trailed as he held the smirk. He cocked his head and his eyes danced while they reflected the morning light.

My lips went dry and I could feel them sticking to each other as I continued to stare at him. How long had he been awake? I felt something move over my torso. His arm was wrapped around my stomach pulling me in towards him more.

My heart hammered when his fingers caressed my face and his face drew closer. His lips captured mine, playfully and teasing. When he caught my tongue between his lips and sucked me into his mouth I couldn't hold back my moan. My eyes closed and my hands wondered out from under the warm sheets and into his hair. I felt myself surrendering to the escalating bliss of his lips on mine.

A gasp escaped my lips as his lips broke our kiss and bit into the side of my neck teasingly. "Get dressed" I heard him whisper. His warm breath brushed against my skin once again as my eyes flicked open.

I focused my hazy eyes on his. Why did he want me to get dressed?

"I have a meeting.... But I want you to come with me" he said answering my question without even me having to ask it. Was my face that easy to read?

"b-bu-" he cut me off by placing his lips on mine once again to effectively shut me up.

So let me get this straight....

First I confessed to him... no I kissed him then confessed, then.... Fell asleep in his bed... now he wanted me to go to work with him.

I was too caught up in my own thoughts to have even noticed him getting out of bed, until his tall figure was upright next to the bed. My eyes immediately fixated on his underwear as he walked away from the bed. I was gawking at him. My eyes wondered everywhere, but mostly they were fixated on his bum till he walked into his ensuite-bathroom.

Once he disappeared into the room I jumped out from the bed still partially hyperventilating and scurried to my room. Not even bothering to knock I entered. It was then that I remembered about Tanya. But oddly she was nowhere in the room. The bed was well made and a hush had taken over the room. My heart pounded as I leaned over the edge of the sink in the bathroom.