..1..

I roll out of my bed and the first thing on my mind is the massive deal I'm about to take place in today.

"Ughh," I groan as my phone rings blatantly. "What." I deadpan, hoping it's not who I think it is.

"Hey girl!" And it is, "what's up?"

"Oh nothing Janet, just woke up." I say, peachy as can be.

"You still lookin' for a man?" She asks.

"No, and you know this man," I say in my best Chris Tucker voice, "Jan, you are my best friend and the fact that you still don't understand that I don't and won't ever need a man makes me think I should dump you." I joke, standing up to pick out my outfit.

"James, you need some man for your cooch. How longs it been since you got some?" She invades my privacy.

"Since Adam left me..." I say softly. A conflict of sadness and anger rises in my heart as Janet continues.

"Hey, after the meeting today, we are going to get you some sexy man, sound like a plan?" She asks rhetorically.

"Whatever you want, see you at work."

"Bye girl!" She says, hanging up. I pull a white, button down blouse and a tight, black pencil skirt out of my closet. I'm not ready to face the day Janet has planned for me.

*

I pull up to Jackson incorporated in my short-roofed BMW. I worked my ass off to get this thing, and the short roof was just and extra $2K for me to save. One of the security guards/ valet guys opens my door for me, before driving it to the underground parking.

As I'm about to walk through the doors, some ass walks in front of me and reaches for the handle before I can. He pushes through it, not even holding it open for me, and continues to walk through the second set of doors.

"What an ass." I mumble to myself, as he turns around.

"What did you say?" He smirks, now making me realize how gorgeous his facial features are.

"Never mind, it's not your concern." I say, heading for the elevators.

"Actually, it is my concern when sexy strangers are calling me asses." He grins a toothy grin, showing off his perfect teeth. I roll my eyes, tapping my 6-inch heel on the tile, waiting for the doors to open.

"It's obviously not your concern, when you didn't even bother to open the door for me." I sigh, getting irritated.

"Oh I'm sorry, I had no idea you were the damn queen." He says sarcastically, examining my side profile.

"Whatever man, I'll go my way and you can go yours."

"Actually, I'm going upstairs as well. I guess we'll just have to tolerate the ride in the elevator together." He smiles cockily.

"I'd rather take the stairs." I say, my leopard print heels leading the way.

"Suit yourself." 

"Suited." I retort. His smirk fades off into the distance as I start to climb the stairs.

After climbing 6 flights of stairs, my feet are aching, but luckily I didn't break a sweat. That would be so disgusting, and especially with these new clients we are trying to impress.

"Hey girl what took you so long?" Janet asks as I walk over to the front desk, outside of her office.

"Oh some ass downstairs was bothering me, so I just decided to take the stairs." I sigh, scribbling my signature on a couple of papers the secretary has placed in front of me.

"Was he a hot ass?" Janet asks slowly. I roll my eyes, smirking on the way.

"Yes Janet, very hot."

"What?! Girl you shoulda jumped him! I woulda let you be late, you know I'm all about my girl gettin the d! It has almost been a whole year since you had some man up in that cooch of yours, hell you could've skipped this meeting for all I care!" She exclaims, getting too excited.

"Listen Jan, you know how I feel about men.... they're all awful." I sigh, handing the papers to Tammy.

"Oh please, you just say that because that dumbass Adam hoe you dated didn't know what he had when he did. You are every mans dream and just because some ass fucked you up in the head, doesn't mean that all guys are awful." She rants.

"Whatever Janet, lets just get this meeting over with."

"So we can go get you some dick." She says, completing my finished sentence.

"Janet Jackson, be professional." I say, trying to be serious.

"Jamie Montebella, get the stick out of your ass." She says, also trying to be serious. We burst out laughing, before walking into the conference room our clients will be in today.

I set my briefcase in front of me, as I take a seat in the expensive leather desk chair. Janet and I are the only women at the table. There is a girl in the corner who will be taking the minutes, but otherwise there is a scarce amount of girls. I set my papers out, and prepare myself, as the men file in and sit around the table. A few minutes pass and I turn to Janet,

"What are we waiting for?" I ask. She rolls her eyes, leaning back sluggishly.

"My late ass brother who thinks he's better than everyone else." She jokes. I smile, resting my forearms on the table.

"Oh, your brother is coming?" I ask curiously.

"Yeah, but I don't fucking know why. He's a lawyer, not a client we're trying to sell a deal to. I don't know, he always has something up his sleeve. He might even buy into our ideas today. You never know." She shrugs, pulling out her phone to check her email.

"Oh." I mouth, "where does he work?" She smirks, giving me the side eye.

"In this building. This is his building." I gawk at her, waiting for an explanation, when she stands and looks ahead to the doorway.

"Brother!" She says, arms wide open. My head turns to see the site of the famous late ass brother, but the only person I can see is the ass who irritated me at the elevator this morning..... oh shit.

"Jan... that's your brother?" I squeak. She nods, walking around the table to hug him. He removes his sunglasses after hugging Janet and stares right into me.

"Hey doll face, how are you?" He asks, taking a seat right across from me. I roll my eyes, sitting up straight to make my small frame feel as tall as possible.

"Same as I've always been." I say sarcastically.

"Oh that's not true, someone must've done something to make you this bitter." He smirks, as I gasp quietly.

"Jamie, you know Michael?" Janet asks, before I can respond to his rude comment.

"Briefly." He smirks, flashing that gorgeous smile again. I cross my legs. As if he knows he has some sort of effect on me he raises an eyebrow.

I look to Janet for help, but she is already discussing business with an elderly man. I turn to my other side to start a conversation with someone, but that man is also taking to someone. I look back to Michael who is still smiling at me, and I know for a fact that I will have to go change my panties if he keeps that up.

"Ready to start?" Janet asks.

"Oh very." Michael responds, his eyes stripping me where I sit. I swallow harshly, knowing that this meeting is going to be the death of me, and how eventful it might just get.