Epilogue

So yeah, this is the end of this book.  I admit, I'm sad that it's over too. 😭 Fear not, for this book ties into another one of my books called "the man that loves and almost lost everything" (which I will edit furiously, just like this one).  I hope you guys enjoyed the book up to this point and will enjoy this final chapter.  Thank you so much for helping me get to over 26K reads!  Please remember to VOTE and COMMENT.  I love you all!
---------------------------------------
Kikyo's POV:
It's been a few weeks since Orochimaru was absorbed by Sasuke, yet it may as well have been a millennium.  Kabuto and I went our separate ways as he worked to perfect himself and I just desired to travel and clear my head.  I wanted to forget...I wanted to forget everything and seal this hole in my heart, but I can't.  How could I forget the one who loved me completely?  The one who asked me to marry him?  The one who stole my broken heart and repaired it?

A sigh escaped my lips as my thoughts became more than I could handle.  That's when I seemed to hear a voice singing out all around me.  "I may never come down to earth again."  I searched around me, wishing to find the source.  It sounded like Orochimaru, but I couldn't be sure until I heard more.  "I have found her, she's an angel with the dust of the stars in her eyes.  We are dancing, we are flying, and she's taking me back to the sky. In the arms of my love I'm flying over mountain and meadow and glen. And I like it so well that for all I can tell, I may never come down again. I may never come down to earth again."

I couldn't find Orochimaru, so I sat down and closed my eyes.  No sooner had I done that was I met with a beautiful ballroom full of lights and people dressed in elegant dresses and handsome tuxedos.  I looked down to see a beautiful white ball gown with intricate designs on it that flares out when I twirl.  I looked back up to try and find him.  All of these people seemed to crowd around someone as I watched from the balcony above everyone.

The male they were surrounding wore a white tux with pearls sewn into it occasionally.  He backed away from everyone and that's when he looked up at me with wide eyes, catching everyone's attention as all eyes turned to me.  I gently grabbed hold of the railing and walked down the stairs as the crowd parted for me.  Orochimaru smiled softly at me and I returned the gesture as he gently grabbed my hand.

No words were exchanged because they were not needed.  We got into position and began waltzing, not once tearing our gaze away from the other.  "In the arms of my love I'm flying over mountain and meadow and glen.  And I like it so well that for all I can tell I may never come down again," I sang.  Orochimaru then turned me on his arms and placed his head lovingly on top of mine before joining me.

"I may never come down to earth again."  I turned away to look into his eyes again as he intwined our fingers.

"I miss you," I whispered.  He looked down sadly.

"I miss you too," he softly replied.  I closed my eyes and kissed him longingly.  He returned it as I wrapped my arms around his neck while he wrapped his arms around my waist.  We broke away and I placed my head on his chest as we swayed to the beat.

His heartbeat comforted me as I traced gentle circles on his neck.  "How long must I wait to see you again?" I wondered aloud.  Orochimaru sighed.

"I wish I knew, my dear," he responded.  I felt something drop onto my head and looked up, seeing his eyes glazed over with unshed tears.

I wiped his tears away as my own threatened to spill.  "You're supposed to be the strong one out of us, not me," I joked as my tears paved their way down my cheeks.  He placed his hands on my cheeks and wiped them away.

"I think it's the other way around.  You're far stronger than me," he grinned sadly.  I shook my head as he pulled me into his embrace once more.  "I love you so much, Kikyo, I hope you know that."

I nuzzled more into his chest.  "Of course I know you love me, you proposed to me.  I accepted it because I love you just as much," I explained.  He chuckled, making his chest rumble underneath my cheek.

I closed my eyes again and opened them to see I was back on the trail to the Uchiha hideout, my current destination.  I sighed and trudged forward.  I have to find Sasuke and either kill him or force him to release Orochimaru.  I would prefer the latter before the first option.

I could finally see the hideout in the distance, but something was off.  Only a wall with the clan symbol remained.  My eyes widened and I started running.  Who could do something like this?  Why would they destroy my clan's hideout?  And how did they even find it?

I pulled my sword from it's sheath, getting ready for a battle when I came to a screeching halt.  There were six people in front of me, one of which looked exactly like me, only with red hair.  My eyes narrowed as I tried to figure out why she was so familiar when I thought back to the picture of my parents.

Realization hit me almost instantly as I gasped.  "Mother?" I questioned.  The woman blinked a few times as her eyes looked glassy.

"Kikyo?" she asked.  I nodded with a smile as I tested up myself.  At last, I've finally found you.