Chapter 20:Leaving The Akatsuki

Orochimaru's POV:
I woke up and a small smirk graced my features as I watched Kikyo sleep.  I just came back from a mission with Kakuzu not too long ago and we successfully recruited Hidan to the organization.  It's been long enough, it's time to go for Itachi Uchiha's body.  I placed a note for Kikyo on the dresser, explaining where I'm going, and performed the reverse summon.  I smiled as I saw I was in my room and exited, meeting up with Itachi for a mission that Pein needed us to complete.  I smirked as I walked behind him.  'You, who destroyed the Uchiha.  To think you would join the Akatsuki.'  I thought as my arm turned into a snake.  The snake shot out of my sleeve and wrapped around Itachi, staring at him intently.  "Someone who possess the precious sharingan...has personally appeared before me.  Fortune has smiled upon me again...fate is kind.  Now, I'm going to take your body for my own."  I explained, more like monologued.  I heard him activate his sharingan and I froze.

I was pulled into a world of red and black with spikes sticking all over in my body.  "Impossible.  Have I fallen prey to a paralysis genjutsu?  What incredible visual prowess...magnificent."  I said with great difficulty.  I lowered my head and smiled maniacally as I tried to put my hands together to make hand signs.  I then yelled out in pain and held my arm as Itachi cut off my left hand.

I looked up with a slightly pained expression and into his sharingan eyes.  He held no emotion in those eyes and it angered me how calm he was.  "Orochimaru...try all the jutsu you wish, but my eyes can see through all of them."  He told me.  I gritted my teeth in anger and swiftly grabbed my hand, teleporting out of there.  I huffed out and winced in pain in the part of the forest I landed in.  I teleported to my base and appeared in my throne room.

I collapsed from blood loss and saw the doors to the room open.  Kabuto walked in and his eyes widened when he saw me.  "Lord Orochimaru!"

Kikyo's POV:
"Lord Orochimaru!"  I heard Kabuto yell out in worry.  I jumped up from the bed, followed by Shu, and started running for the throne room.  I had just woken up about thirty minutes ago and found Orochimaru's note, but I didn't think he'd get hurt.

I burst through the doors and saw Orochimaru collapsed on the floor with Kabuto hovering over him in worry.  "Orochimaru!"  I exclaimed and quickly knelt down next to him.  My eyes widened and I gasped, my hands flew to my mouth as I felt tears coming on.  His left hand was cut off and Kabuto was trying his best to stop the bleeding.  "Why aren't you trying to reattach his his hand!?"  I asked him in anger and sadness.

Kabuto sighed.  "Lord Orochimaru has needed to switch bodies for a while now, it would be pointless to reattach a hand to a useless body."  He explained to me.  Tears started to fall from my eyes as Kabuto wrapped Orochimaru's bloody stump.  I felt a hand press against my cheek and I leaned into it's touch.

Orochimaru smiled at me lovingly as he sweated and winced.  "I'll be fine.  Kabuto, bring me my next vessel."  He commanded and Kabuto quickly left.  I picked Orochimaru up into my arms and started to carry him to our room.  "Kikyo, I can walk."  He told me.  Tears were still springing from my eyes and I shook my head.

"No, you're too weak right now, it's my job to protect you and I failed."  I said more to myself.  He wiped the tears away as I placed him onto our bed.  He pulled me down next to him and kissed me deeply.  I smiled and melted into the kiss.  Orochimaru pulled away and smiled at me.

I returned the gesture.  "You don't need to worry about trying to protect me, I'll be fine.  I just want to make sure you'll be all right."  He told me.  I nodded as he continued to caress my cheek and wipe my tears away.  "You better leave for a short time, it won't be safe here."  He explained to me.  I nodded and left the room, closing the door after me.  I went to the closest room, which happened to be the throne room, and sat down on the floor.  I pulled my knees to my chest sadly and placed my head on them.

Shu placed his head on my leg and I scratched his head.  I sighed sadly.  "I'm still worried he won't be okay."  I said to Shu.  He curled up next to me as he frowned in worry.

"We can't always choose what happens in another's life, but we can help them when the outcome is bad."  He told me.  He sounded like the Third Hokage with his wise speech.  I nodded and rubbed his back with a light smile.  We then heard a scream in agony and flinched.  I quickly got up, followed by Shu, and ran to the bedroom I placed Orochimaru in.

When we got there, Orochimaru told us to come in.  'He must have sensed my chakra.' I thought to myself as I opened the door.  Shu and I came into the room and saw Kabuto tending to Orochimaru.  I looked down and smiled when I saw he had a left hand once again.  Kabuto finished up and left.  Orochimaru smirked at me and bade me to come to him. I nodded and walked to him. He grabbed my arm and pulled me down to lay next to him. He placed his head on my shoulder gently and sighed contently. "You were worried I wouldn't be okay, weren't you?" He asked me teasingly. I blushed darkly and buried my face in his chest.

"No, I knew you'd be okay." I said bravely as I continued blushing. Orochimaru placed his thumb and forefinger under my chin and brought my head up so that I met his gaze.

My blush darkened as I saw him smirking at me with an amused look in his eye. "You're a terrible liar." He told me and chastely kissed me. "Let's go to sleep, I'm very tired after the body transfer ritual." He said and placed his arms around my waist, pulling me flush against him. I blushed and snuggled into his chest, closing my eyes and allowing the darkness to consume me.
---------------------------------------------
Whoo, 2 chapters in 1 day, I feel accomplished! Hope you all enjoy, remember to please VOTE and COMMENT!
Balder614