Chapter 11:Pain, Suffering, And A New Face

Orochimaru's POV:
I smirked at Kikyo's blush and dazed expression as I snaked my left arm around her waist.  She tugged at her cloak slightly to try and hide the new mark I left on her jaw to no avail.  She sighed and I knocked three times on sensei's door.  I heard him faintly give us permission to enter and I opened the door, leading a flustered Kikyo into the room with me.  Sensei looked up at us and smiled kindly, then noticed the mark on Kikyo and rose a brow knowingly.  "Well, you two seem to have had a bit of fun.  What can I help you with?"  He questioned.  Kikyo flushed in embarrassment at his first sentence, hiding her face in my chest to cover it up.  I chuckled at her innocence and kissed the top of her head.  She shoved her face even more into my chest with a small squeak in embarrassment.

I looked back up at sensei with a deadly serious expression.  "We're reporting our mission.  Nawake and Nero have regrettably fallen and Haru is safe at home.  We took down all the enemies around us."  I informed.  Sensei looked down sadly, then looked back up at me.

"Tsunade is going to identify Nawake's body, Jiraiya will also be there.  You two should head down to the morgue to comfort her."  Sensei told us.  I nodded and felt Kikyo nod in my chest.  I turned around and was going to open the door when sensei stopped us.  "Wait.  Remember to give her the necklace, it'll be a precious memento for her."  He explained.

I nodded in understanding.  "All right, thanks to the information.  We'll see you later."  I told him and we left the room.  I rested my right arm in the fold of my shirt and grasped the necklace.  I led Kikyo downstairs to the morgue and we waited for Tsunade to arrive.  Jiraiya arrived shortly after we did.  I looked out at the rain falling on the ground and saw someone running this way.  Next thing I know, I see Tsunade in her casual clothes and drenched, her blonde hair matted slightly against the sides of her face.  She was going to continue when Jiraiya stopped her.

She looked at him as her eyes still showed desperation.  "No, it's best you don't go in."  He told her.  She then turned to me.  Her eyes showed fear for what's to come.

I looked down and Kikyo let a couple tears slip, pulling Tsunade into an embrace.  Tsunade returned the gesture and still stared at me.  I pulled my hand out and showed her the necklace.  "Tsunade...we're at war."  I told her.

"No!"  She yelled out in sadness and a broken heart, gripping tighter onto Kikyo.  Kikyo started to rub Tsunade's back soothingly and I handed her the necklace.  Tsunade brought it up to her eyes and let more tears slip.  She finally let go of Kikyo and walked into the room with Nawake's body.  She screamed out again and I pulled Kikyo into my chest, letting her sob on me.

I rubbed her back and stroked her hair, humming silently in her ear.  Tsunade came running out and went to Jiraiya, causing his eyes to widen.  He embraced her and tried to comfort her as much as he could.  I led Kikyo back up the stairs and into her room.  We sat down on the bed and she wouldn't let go of me.  "Kikyo, we need to get ready for the meeting tonight."  I told her.  She nodded and sniffled, letting go of me.  I left for my room and found some of my casual attire, throwing on a mesh shirt under my purple one and putting on a pair of dark blue sweats.

I slipped on my usual black sandals and walked back to Kikyo's room.  I knocked on her door and she opened it, revealing her to be wearing a royal blue, high-collared kimono with a blood red obi and her midnight black hair down on her shoulders.  The blue and red tints in her hair made her sapphire blue eyes come out more.  My eyes widened at her beauty.  She blushed and smiled at me.  "Well, what do you think?"  She asked me shyly.  I grabbed her by her waist and pulled her flush against me, kissing her passionately.  I normally have excellent control over myself, but I'm almost loosing my control seeing how beautiful she is.  She immediately kissed me back.  We pulled away a few minutes later and her blush darkened.  I smirked and looked down at her jaw, noticing that the mark was fading slightly.  My eyes darkened mischievously and I led her into her room, closing the door behind me.  "Orochimaru?"  She asked me.  I pulled her collar open slightly to better reveal her jaw and she looked down, blushing immediately after.

My smirk widened and I pushed her down on her bed so I was hovering over her.  "The mark has faded slightly, I'll have to change that."  I told her.  She nodded with a blush and I leaned down to her jaw, pressing my lips against it.  I gently bit down and sucked on her jaw, earning a gasp from Kikyo.  I quickly finished darkening my mark and teasingly grazed my small fangs over the sensitive spot on her neck.  She gasped again and I decided to make that mark darker as well.  Gently biting and sucking that spot, I heard Kikyo gasp and moan out quietly.  I quirked an eyebrow and finished quickly, pulling her collar back in place and smirking at the still visible mark on her jaw.  I looked at her with a mischievous glint in my eyes.  "Where did that come from?"  I questioned her.  Her blush grew darker and she hid her face in her hands.

I chuckled and pulled her back up to stand, helping her smooth out her obi and kimono.  I wrapped an arm around her waist and led her to the meeting room in the Hokage mansion.  We looked at the rows with two seats and sat down on the row in front of Jiraiya and Tsunade.  The meeting was finally called to start by Sarutobi sensei and I placed a hand on Kikyo's leg, making her blush.  I winked at her and turned my attention back to sensei as he started speaking.  "Our first item of business has been brought up by Tsunade for a medical ninja school.  Tsunade, you may begin."  He told her.  Tsunade stood up and I listened to what she had to say as I rubbed Kikyo's leg.  She continued blushing and also focused on listening to Tsunade's speech.

"There are too many shinobi dying on the battlefield that could've been saved if one of their team members were trained to be a medic.  Therefore, I propose that we open a school where we can train select shinobi to become medics and keep more shinobi from dying."  Tsunade ended her speech right there.  Her voice was laced with determination for this school.

Sarutobi sensei nodded with a frown on his face.  "What you say makes sense.  However, we don't have the resources or the extra hands to do this and our enemies won't just sit around and wait for us."  He explained.

Tsunade growled slightly and banged her fist on the desk.  "So we do nothing!?  We go on, throwing their lives away!?"  She asked, her voice betraying her broken heart.  Another man stood up at the desk next to theirs.

"I agree, I say she's right.  If we can open this school, then those who have died...perhaps this way their deaths won't be in vain."  The man agreed.  Kikyo and I looked at him questioningly, as did Jiraiya.

Sensei nodded.  "I know Dan, but we can't yet.  We will soon."  Sensei replied and Dan nodded, sitting down at the same time as Tsunade.  Shortly after that, the meeting was adjourned and the two of us saw Tsunade run up to Dan.

"Wait!  Thanks back there."  She said to him when she caught up.

Dan shrugged.  "You don't need to thank me, I'm just glad to help.  It's getting dark, would you like me to walk you home?"  He questioned.  Tsunade was taken aback.

"But don't you live the other way?"  She questioned.  He nodded with a smile.  I nudged Kikyo slightly and she looked up at me.

I smiled at her and she smiled back.  "We should leave them alone, come on."  I told her.  She nodded and we went up to our rooms.  I brought Kikyo to her room and she grabbed my sleeve before I could take a step towards my room.

I rose a brow questioningly.  She smiled sheepishly with a blush creeping onto her pale cheeks.  "Um, could you sleep with me tonight, I don't want to be alone."  She told me.  I smiled softly and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Why don't you change into your night clothes and I'll be back."  I told her.  She nodded and closed her room door.  I quickly went to my room and changed into my night clothes, consisting of a royal purple shirt and pants with a white snake on the back of the shirt.  I went back to Kikyo's room and she opened the door, revealing her wearing a red shirt and blue pants.  I walked into her room and sat down on her bed, pulling her onto my lap.  She squeaked in surprise and I smiled, kissing her cheek.  I then laid down with her on top of me and she blushed a deep crimson.  I chuckled at her reaction and she hid her face in my chest.  I kissed the top of her head and she snuggled into my chest some more.  "Let's get some sleep."  I said and she nodded with a yawn.  I closed my eyes and listened to her deep breathing, shortly falling asleep with Kikyo in my protective embrace.