Chapter 24: The Finals Part 1

I am so sorry for such a late update, please forgive me. *bows lowly* If school wasn't such a pain then I wouldn't suffer from loss of inspiration. 😡 I'm making this a 2 parter that way you no longer have to wait. I'll take up no more of your time with this tiny Author's note. Enjoy and please remember to VOTE and COMMENT!
---------------------------------------------
Orochimaru's POV:
I stroked her hair gently, careful not to wake her up. I then stood up and placed a note on the nightstand after getting changed into my Kazekage attire. With one last look at her sleeping form, I exited the room and made my way to the arena for the finals with my body guards surrounding me. We passed Ichiraku Ramen on the way and I felt a tear try to slip down my face at all the memories there. I quickly shook it off and steeled my resolve to destroy this pathetic village. When we arrived at the arena, Sarutobi Sensei kindly greeted me and sat down in his respective seat. I followed suit with my gaze resting on the grassy area. I remember fighting there for my chunnin exams and almost having to fight Kikyo. The memories kept coming, only helping to steel my resolve further.

The proctor then stepped up and began explaining the rules. I just tuned him out while my thoughts wandered to Kikyo. I began to wonder if it was a good idea to leave her in the room unprotected and started to worry for her safety. I then remembered that she can sense chakra farther than a few kilometers away with intent to kill and relaxed. I was snapped out of my thoughts by the proctor calling out Sasuke's name along with Gaara's. I smirked and leaned forward slightly in anticipation. The fight began and Sasuke started with taijutsu, trying to get through the sand defending Gaara. The Hokage smiled that kind smile like he always does. "Fascinating fight, isn't it Kazekage?" He questioned me. I nodded in agreement as Sasuke landed high up on the wall.

He began to go through handsigns and lightning covered his entire palm, beginning to sound like the chirping of birds. "Chidori!" He yelled out for the entire arena to hear. My eyes narrowed as I watched his every move in excitement. He stabbed through the ball of sand protecting Gaara with ease and I stared hungrily at his sharingan. 'I just have to be patient for a while longer until the perception is just like Itachi's, perhaps even better.' I thought with anticipation. All of a sudden, the Kage's box was covered in smoke.

The Hokage narrowed his eyes and looked towards me. "Lord Kazekage, what is this?" He questioned. I just looked at him with malice slightly showing and he gasped. A man came up to protect the Hokage, yet was murdered when three kunai's struck his body. The man went tumbling down and I got behind The Hokage, placing a kunai to his throat. I then jumped up with him in my grip and landed on the roof. He growled lightly as he watched the village he loved so much be torn to bits. "Lord Kazekage, there's still time to reconsider-" I cut him off with a chuckle. His eyes narrowed further at me.

He seemed to be demanding an explanation, so I might as well give it to him before shedding this disguise. "The treaty between our villages was just to make it so you let your guard down enough to allow this plan to bear fruit." I spoke, my voice not sounding as snake-like in the disguise.

I pointed the kunai even closer to his cheek...then drew it back as I took off the mask to reveal my true identity. Sarutobi Sensei's eyes widened, then went back to their original size. "Orochimaru...I should've known it'd be you behind all of this." He spoke with venom dripping slightly from his tone. I continued to smirk and felt moisture near my eyes. Apparently, Sarutobi Sensei noticed as well. "Are you crying because you're destroying your home or are you actually that happy?" He questioned me. I rose the kunai closer to his face, then stabbed my right hand in the middle of my palm.

A yawn escaped my lips and I rubbed the tears from my eyes slightly. "I was feeling so sleepy, but it seems I'm awake now." I replied and took my arm away from his neck, walking away a few feet. "A windmill standing still can be beautiful, but boring," I began, throwing my hat to the side. "I want to set that windmill into motion with something called "the destruction of the Hidden Leaf Village"." I finished with that last remark and Sarutobi Sensei glared daggers at me. My smirk widened as both of us discarded our Kage robes, revealing our regular battle attire.

Kikyo's POV:
I woke up with a start, feeling Orochimaru's chakra fluctuate. Most of the time, it felt eager and excited, but now it feels like he's serious. I looked at the time and cursed under my breath. How could I possibly be late to wake up!? I know he wanted to let me sleep, but I'm his guard, I can't allow him to get hurt...I care too much. I quickly put on my Uchiha attire and armor, then strapped all my weapons on. I stared at my katana from Mum and Dad for a short while before strapping it on my waist. I'm sure Dad would scold me for not having it on my back, but I can't necessarily put it on my back with my gunbai there.

I ran out of the room after disguising myself and made a mad dash for the arena, not even pausing for a breath. Once I arrived, I saw Orochimaru on the roof with Sarutobi Sensei talking.  I concealed my chakra and jumped up onto the roof, making sure to still be able to watch the fight. The wind blew slightly and a barrier was constructed to keep the ANBU out of the fight. I watched Orochimaru as his hair flew effortlessly in the wind. I noticed my staring and blushed darkly.

The fight then finally began. They started off with taijutsu, throwing punches at one another and blocking each one. After a short while, Orochimaru got bored with taijutsu and jumped back a few feet. He clapped his hands together in preparation for the jutsu. "Summoning jutsu: reanimation!" He yelled out with a smirk. His hands then parted and he extended them in front of him, palms down. "First, second, third!" He said. The coffins came up one after the other, yet Sarutobi Sensei stopped the third one from coming up. Orochimaru didn't look too happy, but was satisfied with at least having the first two. The coffins opened up to show the First and Second Hokage with many cracks.  My eyes widened in shock as they stepped out of their coffins.

The two of them looked around in irritation and astonishment at being back in the world of the living.  "Where are we?"  Tobirama questioned.  Hashirama looked in front of him to see Sarutobi sensei and he sighed.

"After all I've done to try and eliminate conflict, it is still present.  Not only that, but we were reanimated to help in the destruction of the Hidden Leaf Village.  Why must fighting always continue?"  he questioned sadly after his speech.  Orochimaru came up behind them and implanted a tag in their skulls with a kunai knife.

Sarutobi sensei started crying and looked up.  His black eyes looked old and tired with the brightness of the tears, displaying a beautiful contrast in dull and bright.  "You monster, they look just as I remember them."  He cried in pain.

Orochimaru chuckled lightly at Sarutobi Sensei's pain and made a ram sign. "Have you ever felt the thrill of destroying the one you once called "Sensei"? No, I suppose not. Perhaps vicariously through me, you'll get a hint of what I mean...just a taste, before you die." He said and the previous Hokage began to move. They stopped for a moment and rushed at sensei.

Some of the ANBU, including the captain, were watching from outside the barrier and the captain looked frantic. "Lord Hokage! That is not the First Hokage, nor the Second Hokage, whatever they may look like!" He yelled out. Sarutobi sensei just barely dodged a kunai sent at him by Lord First.

"I'm well aware of that."