Chapter 23:Preliminaries

I am terribly sorry for the late update, I have a horrible writers block and it's not fun.  Well, as we all know, Halloween is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than to watch the movie "Hocus Pocus".  If you have never seen it, I implore you to watch it, it's awesome and funny. I know, way off topic, so let's get back to what really matters.  Remember to please VOTE and COMMENT!
Balder614
---------------------------------------------
Kikyo's POV:

~dream~
I smiled as I looked into the sky with Kurama, pointing out different shapes in the clouds.  My smile couldn't be wiped off of my face until my dream turned dark and dreary.  I frowned while looking at my new surroundings.  "Kurama, where are you?"  I asked out loud.  I then felt a presence behind me and turned to see Orochimaru and Sarutobi sensei.  Sarutobi sensei had a hold of Orochimaru's shoulders and I saw a shinigami behind Sarutobi sensei.  Sensei pulled away with the soul of Orochimaru's arms and sealed them away. My eyes widened in shock.  "No!"
~end dream~

I shot up in a cold sweat as my body shook.  I let out a shaky breath and sighed as I saw Orochimaru sleeping peacefully. I got up out of bed and shivered, putting a robe with Akatsuki colors on it.  I then went into the kitchen and grabbed a glass, quickly filling it with water and downing it in one gulp.  Once I was done, I placed it the cup down on the counter and felt a pair of arms snake around my waist.  "You worried me, I thought you were gone."  I heard Orochimaru say from behind me.  I sighed and leaned into his chest while closing my eyes.  He turned me around tilted my head up to look up at him.  My eyes opened to meet his worried golden ones.  "Now I'm just getting more worried, what happened?"  He asked me.  I couldn't hold it back, my tears finally flowed freely and I balled my hands into fists while holding part of his shirt.

I sobbed more as images of my nightmare came back into my thoughts.  He rubbed my back soothingly while whispering words of comfort into my ear.  My crying became slight hiccuping and I started to dry my tears.  I felt him rub his thumbs on my cheeks to wipe the tears away as well.  "I had a n-nightmare where the s-soul in your a-arms was s-sealed b-by s-Sarutobi s-sensei."  I sobbed out.  He rubbed my back and whispered sweet nothings into my ear.  Before I knew it, I closed my eyes and fell back to sleep.

When I awoke, I saw Orochimaru back in his disguise and got into mine as well.  He held my hand in his and we made it to the preliminaries arena.  Once there, we leaned against the wall and watched everyone file in.  The proctor came up, spoke a bit, then asked if there was anyone that wanted to quit.  Kabuto raised his hand.  "Well, I guess I'm out, I don't have enough chakra."  He explained and left the building.  No one else left and he started the exams.  There was a big screen and it displayed the names of the first two fighters.  Orochimaru smirked seeing Sasuke was against one of our own (Totally forgot his name XD) who wields incredible power.

The proctor told all of the participants to go to the upper tier so that they weren't in the way.  We watched on as everyone filed up, leaving the two of them down there.  The proctor started the fight and I had a flash back of my nightmare.  The thought of Orochimaru being hurt like that made me start shaking.  He placed a hand on my shoulder and looked at me with worry present in his eyes.  I grabbed his hand and gently squeezed to reassure him I was fine.  He looked back to the battle after wrapping his arm around my waist.  I leaned my head on his shoulder and watch as Sasuke performed a new move on our subordinate.

Sasuke placed his foot on the guy's chest and stomach area, forcing him into the ground and making a huge crater.  "Lion's barrage!"  He yelled out.  Orochimaru smirked at the fact that the boy suppressed the curse mark when it wanted to take over.  The proctor came up and declared Sasuke to be the winner.  They took our subordinate away and Sasuke followed Kakashi to a room.  Orochimaru and I followed and saw tons of marks on the floor and Sasuke.

My eyes narrowed.  'I see, a sealing jutsu.'  I thought to myself.  Kakashi then performed some hand signs and pressed the curse mark on Sasuke's left shoulder.  Sasuke cried out in agonizing pain and fell limp.  Orochimaru then made his presence known to Kakashi and he got into a defensive stance.  "What are you doing here?"  Kakashi questioned with venom dripping from his words.  Orochimaru chuckled.

"Just here to check on my next vessel."  He replied smoothly.

Kakashi gritted his teeth.  "One more step and you're dead."  Kakashi retorted.  Orochimaru just chuckled at him.

He then disappeared into the shadows, leaving a few words behind.  "When he's ready, he'll seek me out for more power."  With that, the two of us left for our apartment.  I felt extremely from the lack of sleep and placed myself on our bed while closing my eyes.  He laid next to me and pulled me into his chest.  "Tired?"  He questioned.  I nodded and he made my head lay on his chest.  "Go to sleep, you had a rough night last night."  He said.  I nodded after feeling him kiss the top of my head.  My yawn that I let out resounded throughout the apartment and I shook my head.  I felt Orochimaru's chest vibrate as he chuckled when I did.  I blushed deeply and fell into hopefully a dreamless sleep.