Chapter 32: Confidence Leads To Disaster

Previously in chapter 31:
She fluttered her eyelashes and nodded, silently urging me to continue. I took a deep breath and exhaled shakily, looking determinedly into her now sapphire eyes.

"Kikyo..."
----------------------------------------
Orochimaru's POV:
"Kikyo..." I trailed off, beginning to lose confidence.  Kikyo, wonderful woman that she is, cupped her hand around my cheek to help me spit it out.  I knelt down on one knee before her and opened the box, revealing a red diamond ring.  She gasped as she studied it with tears brimming her eyes.  "I've tried to ask you this for so long, but never could.  Kikyo Uchiha, would you do make me the happiest man ever and marry me?" I questioned, finally letting it out.

She held her hands to her mouth before embracing me tightly.  "Yes!" she exclaimed, the tears staining my shoulder, but I didn't care.  I finally asked and got the reaction I wanted.  I then felt it coming, but I didn't want to ruin the moment.

I couldn't help it though, it felt too strong for me to contain it.  I coughed violently, feeling blood come out of my mouth and land on the ground.  Kikyo immediately helped me to the bed right as Kabuto ran into the room.  He felt my forehead, immediately retracting his hand.

"You're burning up.  Kikyo, you need to leave so that Lord Orochimaru may begin the transference ritual," he muttered, ushering her out.  I lay in the bed and wait for Sasuke to come.  When he finally arrived, I smirked before transforming into the great white snake and rushed at him.

Kikyo's POV:
"Kabuto, come spar with me, help me take my mind off things," I said.  He nodded and followed me out to the training grounds. The green grass swayed with the wind as the leaves danced. Behind me, I heard Kabuto kneel down. I turned with a smirk.

He immediately pulled out a scroll and unrolled it, making a hand sign after biting his thumb and ran it across the parchment.  "Forbidden technique: dead soul jutsu!" he exclaimed, a growl left my throat.

"Of course, that's his favorite one," I mumbled before pulling out my sword from my parents.  Channeling wind chakra into my sword, I slashed horizontally and sent the dead bodies flying, leaving Kabuto open for me to rush him.  He pulled out a scalpel and blocked my attack just in time.  I smirked at him, making him question when a jolt of electricity went through his whole body.

He glared at my smirk when I pulled away and stood in my ninjutsu stance.  "Wind style: needle storm," I whispered, twirling my finger around as the wind needles surrounded Kabuto.  He slammed his hand onto the ground and disappeared.  I looked underneath myself and jumped when his hands shot out from the ground.  "Lightning style: electrical current," I yelled, hitting Kabuto dead on.

He jumped out of the ground and glared at me.  "Stop shocking me!" he growled.  I shook my head.

"But I like to shock you, it's fun," I replied before sending another electrical current through him.  After I did, Sasuke came out of the hideout.

I glared his way as Kabuto walked over.  "Lord Orochimaru, is that you?" he questioned.  I pulled Kabuto away.

"That's not Orochimaru.  What did you do with him?" I questioned.  Sasuke smiled, his onyx eyes boring into my sapphire ones.

"I have absorbed him completely, and nothing at all remains."

I backed away, shock overtaking my being as I collapsed to the ground.  Kabuto placed a hand on my shoulder as I looked down at the ground.  Sasuke shrugged as he began to walk off.  That wouldn't cut it for me.  I stood up and pulled out my sword.

Taking the opportunity of his back facing me, I rushed forward and sliced down, only for him to block my attack with his own sword.  "I don't recommend fighting me," he spoke.  I snarled at him.

"I don't care, I will kill you!" I exclaimed.  Before I could continue, I felt Kabuto hit the back of my neck, knocking me out.

When I next awoke, I found myself in the room I shared with Orochimaru and found Kabuto standing at the foot of the bed.  "I couldn't just let you fight and possibly die," he explained.  I looked down at the bedsheets as his scent filled the room.  I sighed as tears flowed down my cheeks.

"He'd gone Kabuto, and I didn't do anything about it," I whispered.  He shook his head.

"Just the opposite, you were willing to sacrifice your life to avenge him, that's something."

I shook my head, just wishing to disappear.  He's gone and that brat is roaming free.  I couldn't do anything to stop it.
---------------------------------------
Slightly shorter chapter, my apologies, but this book will soon come to a close.  Fret not though, for it ties in to one of my other books.  I will be doing some major editing on the tie in book and this one, so hang tight and make sure to read the next book once I've edited it.  I am in a bit of a pickle though.  My main character is married to Madara, who died.  She now is married to Itachi, who is also dead and Madara has been revived.  She has two children with Madara and two with Itachi.  I don't know who to keep her with, so comment who I should pair her with please.  Thank you all so much for reading and I will see you in the next chapter.  Buh-bye!