Chapter 21:Chunnin Exams, Sasuke Uchiha, And An Old Friend

I'm skipping 3 more years because I ran out of ideas after he left the Akatsuki. Anyways, hope you enjoy, remember to please VOTE and COMMENT!
---------------------------------------------
Kikyo's POV:
I packed everything I would need for this mission and slung my bag over my shoulder. I now have most of my Father's good looks except for the girlish features from my Mother. I know I would need to us the transformation jutsu to hide who I truly was when we reach our destination, otherwise the mission will be jeopardized. I put my armor on and strapped my gunbai on my back. I looked in the mirror as my long, spiky hair flowed with the slight breeze from the window. Part of it was covering my right eye now and I nodded in approval at my appearance. I turned and opened the door of the bathroom to exit into the bedroom, coming face-to-face with Orochimaru in his battle gear. He held his hand out for me to take and I did so gladly. He intertwined our fingers, making me blush lightly as he did so. He smirked deviously at me. "You know, Kikyo, you are too cute for words when you blush." He told me. I blushed even darker and turned to focus on the road ahead.

A few weak shinobi tried to stop us, but we easily cut them down without having to stop.  Kabuto went ahead of us to get the group of three ready.  We reached the hidden leaf village and both of us changed our appearances.  Orochimaru took on a peachy color of skin in his battle attire with his hair down and wearing a grass village forehead protector.  I changed my hair to look red and shoulder length with blue eyes and wearing dark blue leaf ninja attire with the forehead protector on my forehead.  We slipped through the gates with ease, especially because Izumo and Kotetsu were asleep again.  I chuckled silently to myself.  'Some people just never change.'  I thought and focused on the Hokage mansion.  I narrowed my eyes as I felt Sarutobi sensei's chakra at the top of it.  The two of us then used a camouflage jutsu while concealing our chakra and went into the testing room.

Upon arrival, we were greeted with the sight of Kabuto on his knees and shaking.  A little boy in an orange jumpsuit and a little girl in a red dress went over to him, asking if he was all right.  He nodded his head and a cloud of smoke appeared and revealed the first proctor with his forehead protector cloth covering his entire head.  He was also wearing all black with a couple buckles here and there.  I smirked to myself as I recognized who he is.  'Ibiki Morino, you used to be a little squirt with no confidence...did that change with our battle?'  I wondered.  He continued with explaining about the test and the rules.  I smirked, thinking it'd be the same as the one I took.

After the hour passed, Ibiki told them there's a tenth question.  Most were very scared.  "Before I say anything, this question will automatically eliminate you and your squad from ever becoming chunnin if you get it wrong.  Leave now and all three of you will be disqualified from this exam, but you will be able to take the test again in six months."  He explained.  A couple students got up sadly and their teams followed.  "Your comrade's futures over your own, a very tough decision.  If it's too tough, quit now."  He told them.  My hope that this generation of ninja would be strong-willed decreased dramatically...until I saw a certain orange jumpsuit jump up, slamming his hand on the desk.

"Don't underestimate me, I don't quit and I don't run!  You guys aren't gonna scare me off, I'll still become Hokage!"  He yelled out.  Ibiki looked taken aback at this remark.

He then smirked.  "Well, to those of you who stayed, I have one thing to say...you pass!"  He exclaimed.

All of the gennin began to cheer until a figure came crashing through the window.  The figure and hair style was all too familiar, but the eyes showed me what I wanted to see...Anko Mitarashi.  "All you gennin, report to the front gates of the forest of death immediately."  She commanded and jumped back through the shattered window.  Ibiki sighed, probably thinking about how they need to replace the window.

"That's my Que."  Orochimaru explained.  I nodded and we left for the forest of death.  As we arrived, Orochimaru and I entered, then saw a fireball jutsu go in the air, signaling the start of the test.  We smirked as the different teams entered.  I noticed the team of leaf village ninja with the boy that was kind to Kabuto stopped next to us.  They then talked about making sure of a way to know who one another is.  Images flashed through my head as I remembered the time my team took this test.

I then saw Orochimaru in front of them and unleashing only one-third of his killer intent, making them freeze in place.  I smirked at the ravenette as I recognized his looks.  'An Uchiha, how ironic.'  I thought at he got himself and the pink-haired girl out of the vicinity.  I chuckled and left the bushes, hiding in some more of them, at Orochimaru's request, and waited for the battle to ensue.  The blonde boy in the orange jumpsuit came out of some bushes in front of me and my eyes narrowed.  I sensed some familiar chakra coming from him.

I made a mental link quickly, making sure to block his conscious out, and entered his mind.  I looked around his subconscious and noticed it looked like a giant cell to keep something locked up.  I heard something giant start moving and saw a giant orange muzzle of a fox.  His red-orange eyes widen at the sight of me as my own blue ones widened.  "Kikyo, is that you?"  He questioned.  I nodded as tears of joy threatened to spill from my eyes.

"Yes, it's me."