26 - Lost and Found

I sat on the ground next to her, holding her hand.

She looked up at me with pleading eyes, it had been so long since I had felt this kind of fear. 

We both knew there was no escape.

Paranoia cramped the small space we were settled in. Our only comfort was each other.

The empty bowl of soup I fed her was discarded on the floor. She snuggled into my chest and for once I felt content, I lifted her chin and pressed my lips on hers, just one night. just one before this chaos becomes reality.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Masky*

I jolted awake with a start. My hands were shaking, eyes watering. I wish everything could go back, before she left. Why did everything fall apart? Why was I here? How did I get here?

My eyes went dark, how long have I been here?

She was next to me. Passed out. Tomorrow my life would be over, I would be forced to marry her. The proxy symbol was burning in my wrist but even if I wanted too I'm chained to the wall. Zalgo wants to know where Soul is. But not matter how much he tortured me I refused to tell him. It's not like I even know anymore all I can hope is that Toby has her and they're safe.

Scarlett rolled over with a groan, her face now pressing into my jacket uncomfortably. I didn't stir her, I dare say shes more annoying then Toby and that's hard to beat. My thoughts wondered back to Hoodie. Is he okay? I wonder if he's eating again.

I have this underlying feeling of dread that somethings gone wrong with him.

Scarlett breaks me from my thoughts as she rolls over again straight into the empty bottles of whatever she was drinking. They clattered waking her up. I cursed under my breath. "Hey Maaaassskkkyyyyyy," she slurred touching my face. My mask was long gone and he hot fingers made me cringe.

"Only one more day before the fun begins."

*Soulless*

His eyes were dark and lifeless, limply hanging open. His neck had a long purple bruise around it. The me girl stepped back in shock. "No," she whispered. "Attempted suicide by noose," a strange doctor man said from next to the bed." Hopefully he will come too."

She collapsed onto the end of the bed. "No," she whispered again.

I woke up with a jolt, breathing heavily.

Who was that boy?

Why was he so familiar?

Why do I long for him?

I edged out of Toby's grasp and sat next to the sleeping boy, watching the embers of the dying fire.

All I know is that something is chasing me.

I slowly nodded off again.

"I saw him," the girl said, "his wrists are a blood bath," her tone got increasingly angrier. Then I realised this memory was connected to the first flashback. She was yelling at the creature. Saying someone was basically dead because they were dead inside. Maybe it was that boy from the other memory. I feel like that one came after this one though. She screamed after hearing him threaten her. He slowly wrapped his tentacles around her body like a python. But she managed to struggle free running into the strange mansion behind her all the way to what seemed to be an infirmary. She stopped. This is where it seemed to connect onto the flashback where he is in the hospital bed. Except this time after she collapses and says no she notices something from that angle. She stood up carefully examining the bruise on his neck. Lifting and turning his head slowly.

"This wasn't attemped suicide."

"No."

And it all went black.

I woke up again. This time Toby was gone. I stood up and walked into what looked like the kitchen. He was passed out at the table. For some reason the thought came to me that stress was getting to him.

I shook my head. I needed fresh air and to consult those dreams I've been having. I think they're memories.

I sighed opening the door and stepping outside. Immediately I felt shivers rush down my spine. I wasn't alone.

I hesitantly turned around. I almost screamed. A familiar man with aqua blue mask and no eyes stood behind me leaning casually on the side of the house.

"So this is where you've been," he says quietly almost to himself. He slowly walks towards me cocking his head to the side. "Suppose you don't remember me," he says removing a scalpel from his pocket and playing with it in his hands, still approaching me. "Stop it EJ you don't scare me," the words just flew out of my mouth surprising both of us. He stopped, "wh-what?" I shrugged, "you're right, but my memories are coming back and I definently know you."

Then I stopped and looked at him dead in the eye. "Who's side are you on Jack?" He paused, "I'm meant to be on his but I owe you one. Don't fuck up, he'll kill you next time for sure. You can't afford to get caught."

I nodded, "why is this happening?" He took a deep breath, "... Zalgo," and with that he gave me one final glance before running off saying, "don't go outside alone. You don't have powers anymore."

"Powers?" I said in confusion. Before realizing something. I held my throat tears of appreciation gathering. "I," I sniffed, "I can talk again!"

"Yep, and now the whole world knows," a familiar voice said from behind me scaring me. I turned around to face Toby. He sighed and grabbed my hand, blush quite obviously tinting his cheeks at the action. "Let's go before they find us." I followed as we ran through the forest.

"Where are we going now?"

"Away... as far away as possible, we don't have much time." As it turned out we ran out of the other side of the forest into the next city.

As we walked through the city trying to blend in i kept seeing familiar faces. It kind of scared me. Until I saw his face. Paper white and blank. He was slowly giving me a headache. How come everyone else can't see him??

I grabbed Toby's hand,

"He's here."

SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN SO LONG I SWEAR THIS BOOK IS NOT DISCONTINUED.  I HOPE I CLEARED UP THE FLASH BACKS INTERPRETATION ISSUE. I FUCKING LUV YALL.

SORRRRRRREYYYYYYYYYYY

Untitled_hearts