21 - For the best

*beep* *beep* *beep*

Heavy breaths, yelling, voices and words.
Everything swirled together.

I faded out.

I woke up with a jolt to the sound of a man yelling.
My breathing was heavy and my eyes darted around the room.

"Go on fucker! Beat his ass!" I looked to the right, there was a thin curtain. I pulled it back to find an old man shouting at the racehorses on his television.

It didn't take me long to figure out I was in a hospital.

A nurse swiftly opened a door at the end of the room. She was holding a plate full of hospital slop. But not for long because when she saw me it fell all over the ground and splattered on her uniform.

She ran out of the room and a group of people started shouting and running about.

A man burst through the door. "No way."

"What's ... going on?" I mumbled confused.

" oh my gosh. Dear," another woman who had walked in addressed me, " you've been in a coma for five years since you set your house alight and tried to suicide."

I went rigid. No. No way right? It can't have been a dream.

"You will be trialled for the murder of your parents sooner or later," a gruff voice stated. "Soon you will be behind bars."

My throat went tight and my lungs convulsed.

It can't have been a dream. I wasn't in a coma! I fell in love, I.. I..

I can't believe it.

Slenderman POV

"This is better." I said as I faced them and grimaced.

Hoodie looked at the ground, his head hung with despair.

"Wh- what if she tries to kill herself?"

"Until we sort out our 'issues' there is nothing we can do. This is for the best"

We walked back to the mansion in silence.

I felt as if I should fill the gap but no one would appreciate it.

I heard Hoodie sigh again and Masky tried to cheer him up. He just looked away.

The house wasn't as quiet as I expected. Slowly the pastas just got along with their normal behaviours. But Hoodie just locked himself in his room. Masky tried to get him out but Hoodie just ignored him until he gave up.

y/n pov

*three weeks after she woke up*

It was dark. I was under hospital arrest or something and there were guards outside my door. Despite everything the old man who was loud as shit still remained in the room.

I stared out of the window longingly.

"Yah know," I head his elderly voice rumble.

"You ain't been here five years, cos I neva heard you until that nurse lady who dropped me supper."

I looked at him, he seemed to be gazing past me.

"Uh yeah.. you don't exactly talk in comas," I said, confused.

"Oh that's what it was!" He exclaimed. "I thought I was goin deaf."

He released a loud hearty laugh before cutting himself off with a large belch.

My face twisted in disgust.

"Anyways, there ain't no dreams coming true if yah sit around waiting for em to stroll by. You should follow yours before they lock yah up behind em bars."

"I wasn't looking at the window with the intention of escaping," I mumbled.

"What you were looking at the window? I wouldn't know I'm blind," he laughed.

"I just thought you was up cos you was humming."

I stared at him in confusion.

"Wasn't- I mean, weren't you cheering the race horses on earlier?"

"Oh that's what it was. I thought brownie was a football player or something."

I stared at this guy incredulously.

"I wondered what shitty parent would call their kid that."

I shook my head.

"Got any children?" I asked now on the topic of parents.

"Yeah two. One I called Lala and the other Raindrop."

I chuckled awkwardly until I realised he was being serious.

"Lala got married this beauty of a woman, he said. I dunno I never saw her." Lala was a boy?!

"Anyways he go and told me he had a daughter and called her shitface. I don't believe him. If anything his name choosing skills are shit."

"Yeah.. I wonder where he got that from?" I questioned sarcastically.

"Anyways the moral of the story is. Get outta that bed and outta that window and fly." He said, wisdom flashing in his smile.

"Are you telling me to suicide by jumping out a window on the tenth story of this building?" I asked coldly. Oh no it was just a piece of meat from his earlier lunch in his teeth.

"Oh," he said softly, "yes."

I did a double take.

For a second I could have sworn I saw a dark figure standing next to him.

"You deserve to die for your sins."

He no longer sounded like the cheery old man.

When I turned back to him I realised it wasn't the old man talking but in fact this random dude straddling him.

"Gay," I said before jumping up from my bed.

"Shut up!" The guy flustered and jumped off the man lunging at me.

I some dogged with ease before finding that the cords in my arms cut short and I fell to the ground as they ripped out of my arm. The guy stumbled towards me and tripped over my body, flying right out the open window. I heard him scream but no crack of him hitting the ground below. I cautiously got up and peered out the window only to be face to face with another guy.

He was hanging on to the window sill for dear life as the first guy clung tightly to his leg.

I watched in amusement as the second guy swore when the first guys grip slowly started pulling his pants down.

"You idiot!" He screamed. Trying to kick the first guy off who screamed and clung on tighter.

I found myself chuckling despite the situation. These two reminded me of a certain pair back at ... well. I guess Slender mansion doesn't really exist. But they reminded me of Masky and Toby.

I spaced back into reality to hear the second guy scream. "What the hell she wasn't even meant to see us you fucking child. Why'd you go in and try to kill her?!" The first guy stopped struggling for a moment and looked up at the second with a blank look. "I- ... I don't know," he said hesitantly before looking down and screaming again finally pulling the second guy's pants all the way down, showing off his purple cat boxers.

He blushed bright read before yelling in frustration trying to kick the other guy off furiously.