I didn't want to leave for my date yet; Abby and I were in an intense match! "DIE, DIE, DIE!!" I was screaming at the TV. Good thing my mom wasn't home or else she would take the Xbox away. Matt got it taken away in the first week.

"I'll just be sitting over here while observing the newly found endangered species." Nick made it sound like he was really in the jungle, including background noises. I won the game by blowing Abby up.

I danced around the basement like a crazed idiot. "Oh yeah baby! I just beat you!" Sometimes I can be really competitive, a little too competitive. "I'll just crush your sorry butt next time." Abby hated losing, especially to me.

Whenever we play Black Ops or anything like that, I make her wish that she had never wanted to play in the first place. Yes, I can be real mean but it's all worth it. "Nick, are you ready?" I was starting to crave gelato.

"No, I just came here to say that I'm not ready." He replied sarcastically. I completed my victory lap and went over to Nick. I was at arm’s length from him and playfully punched him on the chest. "Ouch! What was that for?" He faked being hurt. "No need to be so sarcastic." My face was dead serious.

My phone started to ring right when we all were heading up the stairs. Obviously, I stopped to get it from the pocket in my dress. I caused Nick and Abby to run into me and almost fall down the stairs.

"Hello?" I'm starting to not even bothering to look at my caller ID. "Jeez, you guys are so loud. I can hear you from outside your house." I almost didn't recognize the voice. It was Elliot! I guess he had finally returned from his 6-month exchange trip to Australia.

I ran up the rest of the stairs and sprinted to the door. I threw the door open and jumped down the stairs. "Elliot!!! I can't believe you're back!" I jumped into his outstretched arms.

I guess I should mention that Elliot and I have lived next-door to each other since we were 1. We've been best friends since then and I was real sad when he left for Australia. Abby, Elliot and I were inseparable in jr high and all the way to our Sophomore year which was when Elliot left.

I gave Elliot a tight squeeze before I let go and fell to the ground. Elliot is 6'2 and had the build of a football player even though he has never tried the game out. His bleached blonde locks fell into his face when he looked down at me.

"Gee, and I thought you would grow!" I did actually grow since he had left. A whole two inches! But I guess he couldn't tell since he is so tall. "Abby!" He ran up the sidewalk in a swift 5 steps. Did that boy ever have long legs.

"Elliot! I missed you!" Back when Elliot was living in Kauai, Abby had the biggest crush on him. He had only found out the day before he left and didn't behave any different around her.

Elliot engulfed Abby in a massive bear hug. I guess he's still the same Elliot. He looked skeptically between me and Nick. He studied Nick for a minute, probably deciding if he was good enough for me.

"Who might this peculiar stranger be?" Elliot sounded so funny with his faint Australian accent. I couldn't help laughing at Nick's stunned face. It was priceless!

"I could ask you the same question!" Nick was giving me the most questioning look ever.

"Elliot, if you calm down for a second I can introduce you two boys." Being around Elliot usually made me the older, more mature one even though he's already 17.

"Nick, this is Elliot. He's my next-door neighbour who just got back from a 6 month exchange trip in Australia. Elliot, this is Nick. He's my boyfriend." I have never been the best at introductions but none of them cared.

Elliot looked over at me, seeming so down at the moment. Did he used to like me? Did I just break his heart?! 

Just as I was worrying myself crazy, Elliot came bounding over to me as if he was an over-excited puppy whose owner had just come home.

"So that's whose convertible it is. For a second I thought you went all rich on me and bought one! I can't believe you didn't tell me about him!" I was almost knocked over by the immediate force. Elliot and I haven't talked for a month because he was so busy with wrapping up his schooling.

"Elliot, we just started dating and with you being so busy I wouldn't have even had the chance to tell you!" Elliot was still clinging to me as if I was his life support. My voice was muffled by his chest which was squishing my face.

He peeled me off his chest and held me at arm's length. "I'm so proud of you little sister!" Whenever Elliot wanted to relive our childhood, he calls me little sister. 

"Make yourself comfortable in the house. Matt should be coming home from work at any time. I bet Abby will stay to keep you company." I winked at Abby; she just glared back at me. "Nick and I will be going now."

I motioned Nick to come down from his perch on the top of the stairs. He waved goodbye at Abby and Elliot. "Nice meeting you Elliot." Nick seemed a bit suspicious of Elliot but I assumed it was a figment of my imagination.