Falcon Feathers (Chapter 6)

Chapter 6 sorry i havent posted in a while, busy with camp. im sorry about not much action in this one as there was in the last one but things will get interesting. derek leaves for school soon! so please vote comment and become a fan for all of you who havent by now shame shame shame lol he goes chapter 6 of falcon feathers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 6

Music in the Night

"Derek I gotta say you have done well these past two weeks and I'm proud of you."

"Thanks" I said as I stretched my wings preparing to start my daily routine.

"Actually today we will be doing something different. Sprint to the halfway point and then fly back. Take Gagan with you." (we're taking it easy today. I like.) IM CURIOUS AS TO WHAT THIS NEW THING IS GONNA BE. (can't be as bad as these past two weeks)

We quickly took off and raced each other to the halfway point. By now it was difficult to keep up with me but somehow Gagan managed to do so. When we got back Ace was talking on the phone. I walked over to him and he pointed to the targets. I grabbed my bow and made quick work of the first eleven. On the twelfth I had to focus because it moved the fastest out of all of them. (Bull's eye) After dispatching all of the targets I walked back to Ace who was now off of the phone and leaning on Una. As I drew near to him he sprang at me in a kick. I ducked and countered with an uppercut which missed. We continued on for a few minutes exchanging blows, sidestepping, parrying, dodging, and rolling until finally I got him on the ground.

"Very good." He said. (I've been wanting to do that for a long time now.)

"So does that mean I'm ready to go to the school?"

"If you weren't an elemental spirit master, then yes you would be. You excel in all of the areas of the basic training that I cover except for using your element," (no surprise there) "In light of this your training schedule is now completely element training."

"Seriously? I am doing just fine with my elemental powers. See?" I made a light breeze blow across the small distance from me to him.

"You should be able to do twenty fold more than what you can now. So until you can figure out how to commune with your element we cannot teach you." (I guess that's that)

For the rest of that Monday I sat in the clearing listening to the wind rustle in the leaves trying to figure out how my powers worked. It was very slow going. Whenever I felt close to getting it right the feeling would just float away before I could hold onto it. For hours I tried getting it right. I tried before and after dinner. On Tuesday I had no better luck. Still all I could do was attempt to figure things out and hope that I was headed in the right direction. While I trained Ace busied himself about the camp cleaning or preparing food. Sometimes he would drop by to see how things were going. Often times though he would sleep and I would try and wake him up with a gust of wind but if anything that just made his snooze more comfortable.

(what am I doing wrong!)

MAYBE YOU SHOULD LOOK AT WHAT YOU'RE DOING RIGHT INSTEAD OF WRONG.

(that's a great idea. Too bad I'm not doing anything right)

WELL YOU SEEM TO HAVE THE SELF-LOATHING DOWN.

(gee, thanks.)

"Derek get some sleep you have been at it for hours now. Besides its gotta be hard to focus with all those carbs from dinner." Ace said yawning.

"Yeah you're right." I said and went back inside my tent. (good night) GOOD NIGHT. I quickly got ready for bed and soon fell asleep.

Later while I was fast asleep I was awoken suddenly by an odd disturbance. (ugh what is that crazy man up to now?) I crawled forward and poked my head out through the door of my tent. Ace's tent zipper was still up and I could sense his aura inside of the tent. Gagan was perched sound asleep next to my tent similar to how Una was laying by Ace. I pulled my head back into my tent and tried to go back to sleep. But as I tried to go to sleep I could feel that disturbance again but this time I heard sounds. (music?) A light and airy melody floated through the night air toward my tent. A sweet and soft song like this should not have been able to wake me. My curiosity getting the better of me, I stepped out of my tent and turned my head in the direction of the song. As I walked across the clearing, the song became clearer. When I neared the edge of the clearing I stopped and tried to figure out what was wrong with this picture. Then I realized that the saplings that Ace and I had planted were no longer there. In its place however was a large silver tree. The trunk split into three near the bottom in the same place where the seeds were. (that's impossible no way a tree can grow overnight). I eventually looked up high into the branches of this silver sycamore and located the source of the music. Sitting on one of the branches was a woman with long flowing silver hair. As she played the song on an ocarina her hair seemed to float and dance about her as if it were a living creature. I gazed up awestruck and gasped. Although she looked down at me she did not stop playing until she finished one long last note. After several beats of silence I became embarrassed when I realized I had been staring into her eyes the entire time. But how could you not be captivated by those sky blue eyes that seemed to search your very soul for the goodness they knew was there. Gracefully she stood up on the branch and lifted a foot forward.

"Hey! Don't do that you'll...fall?" I said awestruck once again as her dress billowed and she floated down to the ground. She took a few steps forward and placed a smooth object in my hand about the size of my palm. It was a silver ocarina.

"For me?" she nodded and raised hers to her lips and began to play a song. It was a lullaby soft, sweet and sad. Although it was beautiful it seemed incomplete. As she held a note I joined in her song and we played a duet. Time seemed to stand still as the song took life. The lullaby wasn't a remorseful lament. That was only half. The other part was full of hope and freedom. With both parts together the song was made whole. It could not be contained for it was alive. It was as alive as I was. And in this brief and fleeting moment of revelation the song ended. She curtsied to me and I bowed to her. She gazed up at the moon and turned to walk back to the tree. While she turned back around to face me, the wind kicked up around her. Then, just as soon as she had appeared she was gone with out a trace of her ever being there except for the weight I felt in my hand. I headed back to my tent bewildered and enchanted and fell asleep once more.

****************************************************

ooh now wasnt that mysteerious?