We headed to our next class; her class was different than mine so Melody took the other way, and I took the other. She turned around, and never said anything to me. I raised my arm in the air, ready to say something to her, but something pushed me and I fell down on the ground. When I looked up, my best friend was no longer in my line of sight. I turned on my back, ready to hoist myself up, and when my eyes meet the culprit's eyes, I knew that I was doomed to death.

Standing in front of me was no other than my greatest enemy slash bully slash homophobic humanoid Ajax Chase Wyatt, who was making my life in high school a reality of hell. He was, like, a descendant of Satan himself but I could be wrong. Chase was almost perfect, but his attitude ruined it all. He had a menacing smile tugged on his lips as he looked down on me. He was just simple – his brown hair didn't have any gel on it, or any type of wax, but it was naturally tousled, which made him look like he just got out of bed, which was quite satisfying to think of. His eyes were brown, and he almost reminded me of the kid I was back in the grocery store when I was a 13-year-old boy, until he kneeled down and pushed me back on the ground. I let out a groan.

"Hey, fairy." He greeted me, his voice low and dark, coated with venoms.

Despite what he was doing to me – and the fact that there were a lot of students watching and being a witness to this, he was still being considered as the most precious student of the Jacksonville High School. He got As on every subject he had; he was good at basketball; he was good at making the girls swoon with his looks; he was good at ruining my life. And did I already mention that he got As in every subject he had? Because it was true. You could lock him up in a room, put a teacher inside, and have the teacher ask hard questions related to the subject to him, and Chase could answer it without sweating. He was naturally smart.

He had a look on his face that I could admire from afar, ignoring the fact that he looked murderous enough to kill me on the school's ground. I never bothered to push him away, or to do something about our situation, because I knew that I had no power to stop whatever was coming for me. It could be a punch in the face, or a blow in my stomach, I didn't know. I had no clue.

I had no doubt that I looked like I was ready to faint, horrified expression plastered across my face. And that didn't stop him from grinning from ear to ear, as if he was satisfied with my expression. And he was satisfied with my reaction.

"Have you sucked anything today?" He asked, mocking me. I frowned. The truth was, I never sucked anyone yet. I was an inexperience gay guy. I never even had a boyfriend, much less a suitor. I almost retorted back, but I knew and was aware of my situation right now. He could rain his fist all over my body and nobody would dare to stop him. I shook my head, and for a moment I saw a flicker of amused expression etched on his face, but it was gone as fast as it appeared. He was back to his arrogant and fucked-up self.

Ajax Chase Wyatt earned the title of the most handsome guy ever.

There was a voting session happened about who was the most handsome guy ever at the Jacksonville High School. There were three contenders – Chase, Donnie, and Rory. With a percentage of 78, Chase won and took home the title. He carried that title every day. And girls loved it. Even gays. Even I.

Someone called me, a voice I really knew. When I tilted my head backwards, I saw my best friend trudging her way toward me. Melody pushed Chase, and Chase never put up a fight. He had that amused expression again on his face, and it stayed there for a couple of seconds before putting up a frown. Melody was the only girl who liked the idea of fighting Chase, which made Chase to have a reason of teasing her. There was even a point that I had a thought of them being together just because Chase liked to mock and tease her in a way other girls would really, really love. But not Melody. She was different.

Melody saved me from my enemy slash bully slash homophobic humanoid and I was thankful for her. Chase gave me an icy glare as I stood up, brushing the dust off of me and I averted my eyes, looking anywhere but him.

"Listen here, fairy." He began, standing up. I still didn't look at him. "Few years after now, I would be on the top of the world and you would be just a dirt I could walk on every time I want. Expect that." Oh, did I forget to mention that Ajax Chase Wyatt was competitive? Very. He shared a few classes of his with me, and sometimes I got high scores, and sometimes he did. That made him furious at me. I also liked to be in a big school, to be in a university, and the only way to achieve that was to gain top-notch grades and scores. "And I'm telling a fact."

I wish I could say something to annoy him, to tell him game and put up a challenge, but I didn't want this moment to be my last moment on Earth. I still loved my life, and I had a lot of dreams to fulfill. Dreams that I wanted to share with my parents. So I did the best way to escape this situation: be still and to be silent.

Chase whirled around and walked away, leaving me with my best friend.

Melody looked at me worriedly and I gave her a weak smile. "I'm okay. Thanks." I stated just for the sake of saying anything to her. I wasn't okay.

It seemed like Melody wanted to say something, but she knew that I wasn't now in the mood. I was just degraded, and that hurt me. I wanted to fulfill my dreams because of my parents; I wanted them to see me reaching the top, achieving my goals in life, making them proud of me and happy. But my dreams were just stomped on by the most handsome guy ever at Jacksonville High School, and I wasn't happy about that. Normally if it was just someone I knew who couldn't put up a fight who said something like that to me, I would have punched that person hard. But it was Chase who said that to me.

Every day I kept dealing the same thing. And I was able to go through that. I was able to survive all of that. And when the moment came, the day of graduation, I walked up to the stage with full of confidence and I was all smiles. I remembered looking at the faces who tried to ruin me, persons who were anticipating my downfall, but they didn't see that. Because I was able to climb near the top. And they weren't happy about that. Especially Ajax Chase Wyatt. I remembered his face when I was taking the stairs to the stage; he looked at me with hatred, disgust, and something I couldn't quite determine. I ignored all of that and decided to be happy for myself because this was one step closer to my goals in life.

When I graduated, I was the happiest. When my parents saw me waving at them on the stage as a diploma was being handed to me, they were the happiest. Everything disappeared, except the words repeating inside my head. Few years after now, I would be on the top of the world and you would be just a dirt I could walk on every time I want. Expect that. I knew that I had to prove him wrong, and since this was a new chapter in my life, I had to start.

And the thing was, I didn't know where to start.

I was just by myself when I chose paths.

Which leads me to my position right now in life.