Chapter 24: Who's Thinking About You Now?

Magsimula sa umpisa

“Very funny, don’t get too used to it.” Gabriel chuckled.

“Please, I don’t plan to.” It was my turn to smirk as I started walking passed him.

“Are we there yet?” I asked for the tenth time since we got into his car. It smelled like cologne—Like Liam’s cologne. I recalled how I used to smell it all the time before I closed my eyes to sleep. I pushed the thought away as I shifted my sitting position on my chair. His leather seats felt uncomfortable under my exposed thighs. It was a bit weird if you thought about it. Maybe I shouldn’t have worn shorts today—I mean, he was in jeans and a collared shirt. I was in one of my crop tops and my faded, distressed shorts with my Keds.

“Nope.” He said simply.

“How long ‘till we get there?” I frowned.

“Five minutes less than the last time you asked.” He chuckled. “Relax Brisbane, we’re almost there!”

“Okay.” I huffed, feeling my cheeks burn when he called me by my last name. I know he did it almost everyday, but it seemed a bit different now. I wouldn’t know if it were true, or if it was just me—

I nearly jerked when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I picked it up, not bothering to look at the caller I.D as I did.

“Hello?” I said in a singsong voice.

“HEY HEY!” Grace yelled on the other line. I couldn’t help my grin. I could tell Gabriel was already looking at me, but I didn’t seem to mind.

“God! I missed you! What’s going on over there?” I asked excitedly.

“Well,” she began, sounding giddy. “There’s been a slight change of plans Katsie…”

“What? You aren’t coming anymore?” I pouted, knowing she wouldn’t see my expression.

I could hear her giggle quietly.

“What are you hiding?” I frowned playfully. “I can hear your laugh.”

“What? Damn.”

I chucked. “I can hear your laugh all the way from London right now.”

“Oh quiet.” I could tell she was smiling. “Anyway, Lou and the others—Oh and my mom, wanted me to say that, after our trip there, we’re flying to my muthaland to go to my mom’s wedding!” I found it funny how she sounded when she said motherland. I nearly believed a real black woman was talking on the phone.

Of course, being a girl…

I squealed.

 “NO WAY! I CAN’T WAIT! UGH! I have to seriously intro you to a couple of girls over here! You’ll totes love them!”

“Yay! I can’t wait! Just a couple more weeks and I’ll be kickin’ Aussie ass baby!” She said in her American accent, which I found rather interesting.

“Kat—Please, don’t scream! My ears a bleeding!” Gabriel whined while he drove.

I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at him.

I heard Grace gasp over the line. “Is that an Australian boy I hear? Are you on a date?” She asked excitedly.

“No way! Right now, I’m no where near dating anyone.” I huffed.

“What’s his name?” She pressed on.

“Gabriel.” I tried making my voice softer when I said it.

“Ooh, someone’s talking about me.” He smirked.

I sighed, turning to him. “Yes, we are. We wouldn’t be though, if you didn’t make your voice so loud.”