twenty

"I'm sorry!", I yelled- I yelled mostly at myself, as I threw myself onto the floor to pick up shards of glass from a jar I had just dropped right near a woman shopping around me

"Do you want some help?", she offered.

"No. It's against policy, if you want to help me not get in trouble maybe shop a little ways down.", I winked and she nodded, moving down a bit.

I scooped up shards, throwing them into the large front pocket of the apron I was wearing. "You look stressed?", the woman kept going.

Can't she just leave me alone?

I ignored her, continuing to cut the palms of my hands on the small shards to avoid anyone finding out about me breaking inventory.

"Maybe because I am?", I said coming off more rude the i probably should have to a costumer.

"Tense?", she kept going.

"Pissed?"

"Easy.  I'm still a shopper, but I work at a spa.  Im not trying to sponsor myself in public-"

I cut her off, "But you're going to sponsor yourself in public anyways?  Right?"

"Much so.", she handed me a card, one of those professional ones with the light purple highlighted font and small text you could hardly read.  "My name's Veronica, ask for me if you decide to go."

I just tucked the paper away and finished shoving sharp shards into my pocket.  Thankfully it was an empty glass jar- no food or anything inside.

*eeee no joonie in this one I'm sorry.  she doesn't even want to think about him after what happened, that is why.*