Chapter 63. Discussion

After sending the last message, I heard the door downstairs banging loudly. Worried, I zoomed out of my room and ran down the stair cases, nearly tripping on the last step. I immediately went for the back door and saw an out-of-breath Jeff holding his right, bleeding arm.

"W-What happened?" My voice shook as I asked.

"Liu . . . he . . ." Jeff panted.

I strode towards him and wrapped his arm around my shoulder to support him, "Liu?" I mumbled as we walked back to the living room, "He what?" I asked. Jeff plopped down on the sofa while I took a medicine kit out from the kitchen counter before returning to the living room and preparing the things I needed.

"He cut my arm." Jeff let out a pained breath as I cleaned his wound, being as gentle as possible. He's growned less impervious to pain ever since he became "sane" again, there's probably around three or five times when he came back with a wound and he looked like he was in pain every time I help him so sometimes I hesitate to do so.

"W-Was it a stab?" I asked.

"No . . . just a cut." he answered, "But he tried to hurt me more than once, I only got away when Jane stopped him." He added.

I was silent for a while as I wrap his arm with a bandage. I wanted to ask so many questions, I don't even know where to start. Was Liu the one killing all those people? Was it that woman? Who is she and why does she knows who we are? Moreover, how did she know that Jeff was the killer? And why would Liu try to hurt Jeff? Revenge?

As I finished, I sat down on the couch beside Jeff and stared down on the ground in deep thought.

I heard Jeff let out a breath, "Marika, do you remember the neighborhood where we last saw each other?"

I glanced at him with a frown, "Jeff, this isn't really the time to be sentimental."

"No, remember our neighbor?" He urged.

"Jeff, seriously." I glared at the floor.

"Jane, remember her?" he said with an exasperated tone.

"Who?" I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Jane. She was our neighbor when we were kids." Jeff stared at me, waiting for an answer while I try to recall my thoughts.

"No, I don't." I muttered. Jane? Jane who? Last neighborhood . . . the city where the Johnson's lived?

He sighed, "I don't blame you for not remembering, I think you only saw her once."

I absentmindedly nodded while being lost in thoughts. That means the city where we had that intense fight with those kids . . . and where it started. Jane, Jane . . . I'm so close to remembering it. It rings a bell, it's kind of like she has something to do with that day at Billy's party.

Then it hit me.

She's that girl with the black hair and I remember going to her house with Jeff. Oh! I recall her saving Jeff from the fire which those three kids caused too but that's all I can remember. I don't get it . . . I thought she died?

"Jeff, who exactly is that girl?" I turned to face him as I asked.

"Jane Arkensaw, our neighbor when we were kids," he started, "Look, when I . . . when I killed o-our family, I also attacked her and her family that night." He mumbled while looking down.

"I know, that's why I'm confused." I replied, "She's supposed to be dead."

"I didn't exactly kill her . . ." Jeff averted his gaze and turned away from me.