Chapter 2. First Meeting

NOTE FROM THE FUTURE: THE FIRST 16 CHAPTERS OF THIS STORY WON'T MAKE SENSE BECAUSE THEY WERE TOO YOUNG AND IT MAKES THE PLOT LOOK IDIOTIC. BUT I CAN PROMISE YOU THIS; IT GETS A WHOLE LOT BETTER WHEN YOU REACH CHAPTER 17 BECAUSE REASONS XD

6 years later

Liu's POV

We were expecting someone today. Father, mother, Jeff who is now six years old and I were sitting at the living room. Mom and dad is rather fidgety and they seem a bit nervous . . . Well me too, but Jeff doesn't seem to care as he play with his video games.

Ugh . . . I'm bored! Are we gonna sit here all day?

Just then, we heard the doorbell rang.

As soon as we heard, we hurriedly sprang up and opened the front door while Jeff doesn't seem to care and kept on playing. Two police officers were at the other, the other one is chubby as the other one was as skinny as a skeleton.

"Good morning, are you Peter Woods?" The fat officer asked dad.

"Yes, would you like to come in?" My dad gave a nervous smile.

"Nah, we're just here to drop off the little girl." They both smiled at us as they gently stepped aside, revealing a cute little girl. She looks like she's the same age as Jeff though and her hair was short and pure black which stops at her neck and green eyes. She looked up at us with a tear-streaked face. She looks so pale . . .

"This is her, Marika Jones. You are the legal father, correct?" The skinny guy asked as my father nodded. My mother has a smile on her face. Not a sad one either. it's just a genuine happy smile and it's confusing me . . .

Flashback 3 days ago

Jeff and I were playing video games at night, it's kinda boring since I always win. He doesn't really wanna give up either. Hell, we're supposed to be sleeping. I'm tired.

Out of the blue, the telephone rang, causing us to jolt in surprise. Jeff paused the game while I walked over and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Good evening, sorry for calling so late. Is Peter and Margaret Woods there?" A man spoke up kindly on the other end

"Wait a sec." I said and went up the stairs and barged into my parents room, they're sleeping, as expected. I yawned and shook the both of them, I even yelled but they won't wake up at all. They must be really tired . . . but this is important.

I left the room and peeked my head downstairs, "Jeff! Help me wake them up!" I called for Jeff. I heard him laugh evilly.

"Okay." He replied with a smug smile and went to the kitchen.

He ran up to the bedroom and I saw him holding something . . . it's a . . .

Plastic bag?

He smirked at me as I covered my ears, he then blew on the plastic bag and then popped it. Mom sat up but dad was different . . .

He stand up and shouted so loud, "Earthquake!"

Oh, God! Jeff and I laughed so hard to the point that it hurts, I even saw Jeff rolling on the floor as he laughed. Dad's face! Mom started laughing as loud as us too because Dad was making the most confused face ever.

"Ugh, why'd you wake us this time?" He said as he realized what just happened with a small smile as he sat back on the bed.

"Haha . . . Someone . . . calling!" I laughed as I wipe a few tears off. Dad gave a small chuckle and went downstairs, I followed him down too. He picked up the phone with a smile.