Chapter 22- Best Friend

"Are you going to explain to me what that was for?"

"No", I responded to Eric while laying face first on my couch.

"Was it to get back a Jin?" I slowly nodded my head into the pillow.

"Common we have school get up!" He pulled my arm up. "You shouldn't do that." I looked at him confused "Why not?"

Eric leaned into my face staring at my lips. "You know I like you,you're just making this harder for me." I jumped up from my couch "Let's go already."

****
School was difficult and if I said anything positive I'd be a lie.

"Wait here I have to go get a paper from the office." Eric took off leaving me at my locker.

Which just happened to be next to Isabelas.

I was doing some organizing when I heard a laugh. I looked away from my locker to reveal Jin and Isabela having a moment.

They're so perfect together it's disgusting.

"Wait here my love I'm going to the restroom!" Great that leaves us alone.

I'll be the mature one and I'll go find Eric.

"Hey Crystal." Why would he want to make small talk? "Hello." I flashed a minimal smile.

"How was school?"

"Fine."

"Am I still your motivation?" Yes.

"Uh no." I couldn't be with him anymore I ran to back door.

"Crystal wait lemme just get my backpack and we can go!" I gave Eric a thumbs up while walking down the hall.

"Hey Eric." So now he wants to talk to Eric?

I had to eaves drop.

"I heard you're getting married." Jin put a hand on his head and sighed. "Yeah I am."

Eric shut his locker a bit louder than usual. "I just want to know how can a guy like you matter so much to Crystal?" WHAT IS HE DOING?

"What?"

"You heard me Jin, Crystal loves you and it'll always stay that way no matter how hard I try to take her away-"

"She'll always be mine." WHAT?

"Even if we're not together I like to imagine that we are", Jin said while leaning against a locker.

"You're an idiot for hurting her." Jin then sighed again "We can't ever be together publicly."

"Why?"

"Because she deserves a better life than this and that life doesn't include me."

"So you like her?"

"No." I knew it why do I even bother.

"I love her."

"What?" Thanks Eric for asking the very question I had in mind.

"You heard me I Kim Seokjin love Crystal." Eric walked closer to Jin.

"I know you can make her happy more than I ever could...so I suggest you call off the wedding."

"I can't do that Isabela is happy."

"Listen I'll help her change her mind."

"Why are you helping me don't you hate me?"

"No because Crystal loves you and I can never hate someone she loves...she wants you and not me. So I'll help you because..."

He took a long pause.

"I'm her best friend and that's all I've ever be."

Am I loving the wrong person?