Chapter 12- Mask Man at Homecoming

"Why the long face?" Eric opened his car door for me. "I'm just sleepy."

"You know homecoming is today", Eric said while starting the car. "Yeah I know I have my dress."

"Ah Crystal forgive me I can't go."

"WHAT WHY?!"

"My parents want me to go on a business trip with them. After we get to the school I'm going to the airport."

I pulled his arm a little "Eric now what am I suppose to do?"

"Go with your sister." I punched his arm "No way." Over my dead body will I go with her.

***
"So you're not going to homecoming?"

"No."

"But why?"

"Isab- I mean Melissa, Eric left so there's no point in going."

"Let me go with you!"

"No."

"Why?"

"You'll be busy with your acting stuff",I said in a low voice

"You'll be busy with your acting stuff",I said in a low voice. Gotta hide her identity.

"I just don't want you to miss your homecoming."

"Well I got no date."

"Speaking of dates.." she leaned in closer to me "Jin and I went on one! I like him."

And this is where my heart stopped. Someone like Isabela would look great with Jin. I could never be with someone like him. They look like they were meant to be.

"You guys would look...good together." My voice cracked a little geez I can't even think.

"I'm thinking of asking him on a date tonight!"

"Where would you go?"

"The beach", she said while holding her hands together.

"I hope he says yes", I said while smiling at her.

Would he say yes? I mean every guy is drooling over Isabela when she's not acting like a nerd at my school.

"I'm not feeling well I'm going home", I picked up my bag to leave.

***