Meet the Parents

*There's like three chapters left of this story. Just wrappin' it up at this point. Ya'll are probably tired of the drama anyway.*

***

"I'm taking the girls back to Viv."

Aaron had his keys in hand, the girls looked ready to go.

I was in the middle of preparing lunch for when my mom and dad arrived. I really needed help getting everything ready, and Aaron still wasn't talking to me.

He barely even looked at me as he opened the door and walked out.

Iris waved. "See you later, Kyra."

"Bye!" That was Brielle.

Bianca just waved, and then they were gone.

It took me two hours, but I finally had the place completely spotless and ready for my parents. I finished lunch and got a head start on dinner which was chicken alfredo.

I showered, did my hair and makeup then sat in the kitchen waiting for Aaron to come back.

I was starting to feel nauseous, so I nibbled on some crackers when I heard Aaron enter my apartment. He came into the kitchen.

My eyes fell on him, and I saw that he'd gotten a haircut, and his beard was trimmed. He looked good, as usual, and it was annoying because he was so effortlessly attractive.

"I'm sorry for the way I've been acting," he said finally.

"Are you going to explain why you were upset?"

I had an idea of why he was upset, but I needed him to be honest with me. And I also wanted to make sure he knew he could tell me anything.

He scratched his chin and shook his head. "Not right now."

"Why the hell not?"

Taking my hand, he pulled me to my feet. His arms slid around my waist, trapping me. He dipped his head and kissed me. My heart melted instantly.

Without thinking, my hands found his chest as I gripped the fabric of his t-shirt.

"I've been an ass," he muttered.

Nodding, I said, "Can't argue with that."

We made eye contact. "How much time before your parents get here?" The bulge in his pants told me everything I needed to know.

"No clue," I murmured.

"Your room. Now," he growled.

~

Aaron and I had just gotten ourselves together when he heard knocking. We hurried out of my room and answered the door.

My mom stood there staring at her watch like she had important things to do. She sighed in annoyance. "Hello."

"Hi, mom," I muttered.

She gave Aaron a once over and seemed pleased. I didn't know what to make of the look she was giving him, so I ignored it and invited her inside.

"I'm Aaron." He reached out his hand for a handshake.

"I'm Mary," she replied flatly. She took a seat on the couch and looked around. "This is a nice apartment."

I shrugged. "Where's dad?"

"Getting the bags."

Oh, God. How many bags did she have?

Aaron cleared his throat. "Would you like anything to drink? Kyra made lunch if you're hungry," he offered.

"I'd like to eat dinner."