Iris

*Edited*

I still felt Aaron's kisses in the morning when I woke up. I still felt his hands on my skin. In my bed, I was disappointed to find that I was alone. I would've loved to feel his body next to me.

With thoughts of Aaron on my mind, I got up to get ready for the day and went into the bathroom.

I opened the door and stopped abruptly when I saw Aaron. He stood shirtless at the sink with a toothbrush in his hand.

His body was everything I dreamed it would be and more. He had a six-pack and everything. His arms were thick and muscular just like his chest. His body belonged in a magazine or a museum.

I stared for a bit too long making Aaron clear his throat loudly to get my attention.

I finally focused my attention on his face and not his body. Our eyes met in the reflection of the mirror. He had a small smile on his face.

"Sorry, I didn't know you were in here," I muttered. "Good morning."

He quickly rinsed then wiped his mouth with his hand and turned around.

"Good morning. I hope you don't mind me using your bathroom," he said. He held up the toothbrush that I recognized as a spare from my drawer.

"No, of course not." I waved my hand in the air. "And did you need to shower?"

He smiled sheepishly. "I already did. I now smell like white peach and silky orange."

A man like Aaron smelling like white peach and silky orange was definitely something to explore in the future.

"Well, I have to shower too."

He could stay in the bathroom while I showered if he wanted to. I had no objections to that.

Disappointingly, he set the toothbrush on the side of the sink. I stepped aside so he could leave, and he closed the door behind him.

As I was getting out of the shower, I heard an ear piercing scream coming from the hallway followed by someone shouting my name.

It sounded a lot like Deja, but I figured it couldn't be her. I made her give me my spare key back and promise she wouldn't just show up unexpectedly, so it couldn't be her. If it was her, I was going to kill her.

"Shit," I heard Aaron mutter.

"Kyra! Get your ass out here and explain!"

I did not need her to tell me twice. I wrapped my towel around my body then stormed out of the bathroom and into the hallway.

I'd been horrified to find Deja staring Aaron down. She was so short she had to look up at him.

Aaron appeared slightly annoyed with the situation, but when he saw me he relaxed a little. The way his eyes trailed up and down the length of my body had me squirming.

"Deja, what the hell are you doing here?" I demanded.

She faced me and rolled her eyes. "Kendra said you took him home last night. I had to see for myself." She said this like it was completely normal.

"I didn't take—" I stopped speaking when a thought occurred to me. "How did you get in here? You gave me my spare key back."

She smirked with no shame at all, dangling the silver key in her hand in front of my face. "I had a copy made before I gave it back, baby."

"Well, I have to get to work soon." Aaron shuffled to move out of Deja's way and kissed my forehead. "I'll call you later. And thanks for everything." His lips lingered for a moment before he stole a quick kiss on my lips and left my apartment.