Little Secret

*Edited*

"My buddy, Orion, is throwing a party. I thought I'd stop by, but if you'd rather not go then that's fine."

I remembered Orion as the piano player in Aaron's band. He'd been really friendly and seemed like a nice guy.

"A party on a Sunday morning?" I asked. I could barely get out of bed on a Sunday morning let alone go to a party.

And Sundays were my lazy days because the store was closed. I'd do some cleaning and shopping then Kendra and Deja would just come over in the afternoon for drinks.

But I was excited to see what Aaron had planned for the day.

He shook his head. "It's later on. I know you have to get up early in the morning, so I can skip it."

I didn't want to be the reason he missed out on having fun at a party. "No, we can spend the day together then you go to the party."

Aaron glanced at me, briefly taking his eyes off the road. "Tiny and Cam will be there."

He'd called her tiny before, and I'd decided against asking him why. But now I was curious and slightly jealous.

"Aaron, why do you call her tiny?"

I watched as he made a face like I'd asked him a stupid question. "Other than the most obvious reason?"

"Well, if you're going to be rude about it..." I went to cross my arms, but before I could do that, Aaron grasped my hand so our fingers intertwined.

"Come on, I was joking." He rested our connected hands on the center console, glancing at my now sour expression. "It's just a nickname."

"From when you were sleeping together?"

"Don't be like that, Kyra. It has nothing to do with that. It's just because she's short."

I honestly wanted to believe him. "Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay," I repeated.

We drove the rest of the way to his house in silence.

Aaron had a nice home. It wasn't huge, but it wasn't necessarily small either. It was more of a medium size with a decent size driveway and a basketball hoop in front of the two car garage.

As he parked the car, he finally let go of my hand. My hand instantly felt cold at that loss of contact.

Since I was in a mood, I waited for him to come around to my side, and open the door for me. He opened the door, and I got out, but he stood right in front of me like some sort of guard.

"Stop being angry."

I looked down at my feet and shrugged. "I'm not angry."

That was the honest truth. I wasn't angry. I was jealous, and he wasn't making it any better.

"Then look at me."

"Aaron—"

"No, I want to see your eyes," he cut in.

I showed him my eyes but rolled them in the process hoping he'd somehow read my mind.

I wasn't going to just admit that I was jealous.

"Can we just go inside?"

"Not until you tell me what's going on."

"I'm cold," I lied.